• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #26 Valpo vs Indiana State 2/13/19 @ ARC 7pm espn3

Started by VU2014, February 11, 2019, 09:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

nkvu

Quote from: nkvu on February 13, 2019, 07:37:26 PM
Stinking it up so far.

As soon as I posted this we went on a 6 - 0 run to get back in the game. Still if we don't play better and take care of the ball in the second half we will blow another one.

NativeCheesehead

Well here comes your most important half of basketball in two years.

Win this game and you regain some momentum and take an important step toward making some possible noise in St Lou.

Lose this and you're playing on Thursday with no opportunity for some meaningful wins heading into one of the most important years in program history.

VU2010

Win, lose, or draw .... my hope is that folks won't make excuses ... or whatever it's called. Point is - Ryan's back. Golder's back. Playing an ISU team that's 4-8 in conference. Do I think they're better than their record? Yes. Are they shooting well? Yes. Are we better than our record? I think so. 10-1 when up at half and 1-10 when down at half? Well, let's see if we can change that and go 2-10 and pull this win out. Time shall tell. Better shot selection to end the first half. Still gave it up to them on defense so it was negated but good sign.

bigmosmithfan1

Jeez. Get a 5 point lead and the ball, give it back immediately because we can't execute a simple entry pass and Mileek decides to throw a difficult skip pass instead of taking an open shot. Those sort of sequences need to stop.

valpolaw

Of course McMillan would get hot so we then put him on the bench  :crazy: only so bakari can come in and foul some more

bigmosmithfan1

Smits has his arm hooked on the entry pass, no call, then they call Smits for the loose ball foul. Ridiculous.

bigmosmithfan1

bigmosmithfan1

8 missed FTs now. In one half. On our home floor. Will someone on the coaching staff address this already?

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

mj

I believe that we will win.

NativeCheesehead

I will always love my Crusaders. But it's really hard to get invested in the Matt Lottich era.

bigmosmithfan1

Welp. That's that. It's time to admit the staff cannot get the job done. This is a game you cannot lose and we blew it.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

mj

Let's guess what Lottich's excuse will be for losing this game...
I believe that we will win.

bigmosmithfan1

Silly fouls 35 feet from the basket. Nobody stepping up to take a charge on critical possessions. Poor FT shooting. A completely scattered final possession in regulation. Turnovers everywhere. This is all coaching. All of it.

valpolaw

Unbelievable. Lottich needs to start answering some questions. I know he's not on the court playing but the offense is a train wreck. I could get off my couch and shoot a higher percentage of free throws than this team. Lottich constantly uses the same rotations and doesn't seem to make any adjustments.

valpotx

This team is pathetic.  No basketball fundamentals leads to losses.  Pathetic...
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

I can't believe the lack of success on set plays coming out of timeouts or the first possession of a half
CRUSADERS!!!

nkvu

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

Missed free throws, turnovers, and no poise in crunch time.

Same old same old.

Smj

VALPO LI

Quote from: mj on February 13, 2019, 08:58:42 PM
Well this game shouldn't even be in overtime.
Make 1 free throw and we wouldn't be.
Charity stripe was quite unforgiving this evening!
Guys have to make these shots!!!
Shine on Vu

bigmosmithfan1

Lottich should consider himself fortunate. This would be a "fire everyone" loss at any school that's serious about basketball.