• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Hosts Indiana State Game Thread, Sat., January 18, 2020, 7p

Started by wh, January 17, 2020, 11:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkvu

Last two calls on jfl looked bogus to me. Thought a couple of other offensive foul calls on us were questionable. Hard to believe we're within three with three starters (counting Ryan here) out and jfl out most of half with an ankle.

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 18, 2020, 06:24:59 PM
Is this just bad luck or is our training staff deficient and requires greater investment and attention?

Do we believe in luck or not?  :rotfl:

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

We need to keep them out of the lane.  They were able to drive at ease and get some bunnies.  We don't have a rim protector so keep them out of the lane.  We need to get back to .500 in conference.
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

Btw, really cool to have an honest to goodness halftime show.

VUGrad1314

VUGrad1314

Good stuff! Playing hard and playing tough! Even shorthanded! Glad to see the transfers pitching in at key moments!

Valpower

It's interesting to observe what happens when the point is played in control.

VUGrad1314

Is that an endorsement for Gordon becoming our new point guard permanently? I'm VUGrad1314 and I approve this message.

VUGrad1314

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Give credit. Mileek is having a good game! Villen has had his moments too and in my mind deserves mention...

VUGrad1314

Big shocker. Going to the basket and looking for high percentage shots with higher probabilities of getting fouled works.

oklahomamick

Win or lose, coach did a good job 2nd half and really the whole game with exception to leaving jfl in the game with 1 minutes left and 2 fouls.  And even that is subjective. 

There where more set play, out of bound looks, movement, and screens
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Clay 18

JFL 15

Gordon 12

Kiser 12

McMillan 11

I love this. More of this please. If we can get this kind of balance we're going to be just fine the rest of the year.

VUGrad1314

17-21 from the line! I love it! Good stuff Crusaders! YES! HOME RUN BALL FOR THE WIN!!!!

VUGrad1314

mj

I believe that we will win.

VUGrad1314

54 second half points... 54... No Sackey No Robninson No problem...  Against the #84 team in the NET. Let's hope the offensive woes are behind us! This could be a statement game guys! Go Valpo! We need more Gordon and more Morgan! Krikke was good too! Really not much to complain about! Everyone was awesome tonight!

Just Sayin

nkvu

UNBELIEVABLE!!!  What a great performance by a whole bunch of guys. JFL, Kiser, Clay. Wow. Made free throws and a home run play at the end then a steal dunk to cap it off. Great effort rewarded with a win!

VUGrad1314

Is this the best half of basketball we've put together since we joined the MVC? Serious question... I can't think of too many that were better...

govalpogo

This was an all hands win.  Next man up all the way to the end of the bench!  Great job team!  Love the swag to play to the crowd at the end.  Keep em coming back! 

vu72

So we are down three starters and Win!  Anybody who thinks Matt needs to be replaced needed to think again.  What a coaching job tonight!   As for the team. Hat off to John Kiser, player of the game and next to the rest of the team--a TEAM WIN!!!!!!!!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015