• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New Uniforms 20-21?

Started by VALPO LI, July 01, 2020, 02:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The men's basketball team is looking to change uniforms this upcoming season.  What are your thoughts on the color?

Brown
Gold
Gray
Other

VUGrad1314

I like them all but the metallic gray looking one is very interesting because it's new. I don't think I've ever seen Valpo wear that color. I wish we were doing more about facilities than uniforms but anything that helps the program is good.

valpospartan

I have never understood why teams wear any color but their school colors, especially gray.  Gray is such a blah color.  As for VU, I voted for brown, because it is unique.

NotBryceDrew

I thought the jerseys this year were fantastic and the brown ones from last year were a very nice alternate. I don't like any of these better.

rogerwilco

valpo64

I would like to see the brown uniforms with the block type  "VALPO" lettering in gold ...same style lettering as on the gold uniform

usc4valpo

Overall I really like them

VALPO LI

I originally wanted to vote "other" and pick brown with metallic gold similar to what Valpo's football team wears.  Then thinking more about it I am going with gold!!!  The team looked great at Arch Madness in gold and the fans in gold popped amid the sea of red during the final game. "Gold is Bold!"
Shine on Vu

NativeCheesehead

I love the script Valparaiso. Very unique.

VALPO LI

The script would be a fresh new look for the Crusaders.   Though it does remind me of a similar look that a foe to the north displays.
Shine on Vu

valpo64

The script lettering on the jerseys is not new, it was used  for a couple of years when Alec Peters was  at VU....20016-17

craftyrighthander

It's about the look on TV.  Gold shows far better than brown on TV. 

bbtds

How about lime green with orange writing of Valpo and numbers on the front? Unique except for Baylor.

M

The crafty righty is right. It won't matter how they look in person this year, we won't be there to see it (prediction). What's going to look best on the tv?!

VALPO LI

Two outside opinions on Valpo's uniforms.
I was pleasantly surprised I found an article about Valpo's uniforms from a source 175 miles away.

https://www.bradleyscout.com/sports/one-on-one-best-mvc-mens-basketball-uniforms/

We saw the new brown earlier this season, now I am patiently waiting on the gray.
Shine on Vu

valporun

The only reason why we'd have the metallic gray/grey is the Nike contract. Nike loves marketing stupid uniform designs, especially at schools like Baylor and Oregon. I mean doesn't the Oregon football team have 7 Billion different uniform combos from jerseys to pants to knee pads, butt pads, arm wraps, helmets, mouth guards, and player underwear? It's out of unnecessary control.

bbtds

Quote from: valporun on December 19, 2020, 01:31:17 PM
The only reason why we'd have the metallic gray/grey is the Nike contract. Nike loves marketing stupid uniform designs, especially at schools like Baylor and Oregon. I mean doesn't the Oregon football team have 7 Billion different uniform combos from jerseys to pants to knee pads, butt pads, arm wraps, helmets, mouth guards, and player underwear? It's out of unnecessary control.

At Oregon it's only because Phil Knight at Nike pays for it.

valporun

Quote from: bbtds on December 19, 2020, 03:08:58 PM
Quote from: valporun on December 19, 2020, 01:31:17 PM

At Oregon it's only because Phil Knight at Nike pays for it.

A nice tax write-off for Knight to Oregon. "I'll give you a crap ton of uniforms and garb for your use in games to market my overpriced shoes and garb."

NativeCheesehead

Dude, just say "I hate Nike."

valporun

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on December 26, 2020, 03:51:37 PM

Why should I have to dumb it down for you?

valpospartan

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on December 26, 2020, 03:51:37 PM

Dude, I hate Nike - always have, always will.

There, I said it.

bbtds