• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Prairie View --or not

Started by humbleopinion, December 27, 2021, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

Game canceled due to Covid.

"The Valparaiso University men's basketball program has announced that Tuesday's scheduled game against Prairie View A&M has been canceled due to COVID-19 health and safety protocols."

https://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/news/2021-22/20946/valpo-mens-basketball-game-vs-prairie-view-am-canceled/
Beamin' Beacons

NativeCheesehead

While I do think this is the appropriate thing to do, I do hope there is a refund policy for season ticket holders.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

tjjvalpo

I would be good with using my season tickets for another game and inviting some other guests. Lord knows there plenty of empty seats.

tjjvalpo

Likely Prairie View, because they also cancelled against Northwestern on Thursday night. Anyway, we can schedule an away game against Northwestern for Thursday night?

vu84v2

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on December 27, 2021, 04:49:38 PM
While I do think this is the appropriate thing to do, I do hope there is a refund policy for season ticket holders.

I think that, by law, if the event is cancelled they have to offer to refund the face value of tickets for that event to everyone. If they were to postpone it to a later date, then they would not have to provide a refund - but I strongly doubt Prairie View is going to travel up for a game later in the season. Of course, in addition to a refund they can offer alternatives.

The alternative game at Northwestern on Thursday is a really good idea and I hope that is being pursued.

valpopal

When you have teams full of players who have traveled and gathered with family or friends during the holidays, considering the transmission levels of the new variant, odds are that some are going to get infected. Here is the scene at a testing site in Valpo last night. This situation was the same at all other test locations in the area. Cases here are expected to be at record highs by the end of the week. Who knows what next week will look like after New Year's celebrations and how many games will be cancelled at the start of conference play.

[tweet]1475658041810894854[/tweet]

Just Sayin

Love this. Common sense which is sorely lacking in many basketball programs.
https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1475868574027767822

Just Sayin

Maybe just one game missed with the change in quarantine from 10 days to five days.
https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1475871760620961795

wh

Quote from: valpopal on December 28, 2021, 10:46:17 AM
When you have teams full of players who have traveled and gathered with family or friends during the holidays, considering the transmission levels of the new variant, odds are that some are going to get infected. Here is the scene at a testing site in Valpo last night. This situation was the same at all other test locations in the area. Cases here are expected to be at record highs by the end of the week. Who knows what next week will look like after New Year's celebrations and how many games will be cancelled at the start of conference play.
[tweet]1475658041810894854[/tweet]

I don't know anyone who hasn't made up their mind about getting vaccinated. If they trust it, they've gotten it by now. If they see it as the lesser of two evils (like my wife and me), they've gotten it by now. Those who don't trust it, or who see getting COVID as the lesser evil, haven't gotten it and probably won't. That said, I'm personally anticipating a long, bumpy ride with lots of twists and turns for winter sports at every level. Buckle up and hold on.

tjjvalpo

Has anyone heard if they will be offering an alternative game for this cancelled game for season ticket holders?