• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Never fear...

Started by wh, December 02, 2012, 09:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

good a time as any...ah, the days when I thought people also read the blog page as well as the forum...

http://www.valpofanzone.com/2012/03/23/hello-lavonte-dority/
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

EddieCabot

He looks like a real difference maker!  When will he be eligible?  Valpo could really use him at New Mexico ... if he can't play, look for UNM to defend Buggs the same way SLU did.  Crews was on the IU staff when Alford played, so I'm sure there will be lots of information exchanged this week.

LaPorteAveApostle

He will be eligible for the Missouri State game on the 15th...

sigh...missouri loves company.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

milanmiracle

Quote from: EddieCabot on December 02, 2012, 10:11:01 PM
He looks like a real difference maker!  When will he be eligible?  Valpo could really use him at New Mexico ... if he can't play, look for UNM to defend Buggs the same way SLU did.  Crews was on the IU staff when Alford played, so I'm sure there will be lots of information exchanged this week.

Well, I'll lead with this. He'll be an offensive upgrade over Buggs. Can we do a line change when we go from offense to defense? I fear the Dority could have trouble keeping up with quicker guards. He looked slow compared to Mike McCall Jr. in that video, though certainly much quicker than Eddie DeNard. I also fear he'll have trouble getting his own shot against quick guards too. Could be wrong on that one though. That being said, it will at least give VU somebody capable of shooting when left wide open.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: milanmiracle on December 02, 2012, 10:26:04 PMHe looked slow compared to Mike McCall Jr. in that video

Too bad he wasn't eligible for this game, and we could have compared the former high school teammates in person.  McCall looked fine yesterday (10 pts) but nothing spectacular.

In my "hello" post, I did note that those videos were by now 3-4 years old.  LVD has a totally different body type now, as many have commented.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 02, 2012, 10:21:42 PM
He will be eligible for the Missouri State game on the 15th...

sigh...missouri loves company.

ouch. why's everyone gotta poke fun at a perfectly good state?

LaPorteAveApostle

not poking fun!  i've said for years if I were MO sec of tourism, "Missouri Loves Company" would be my slogan and it would sell a hundred thousand t-shirts.