• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Detroit -ready for them?

Started by crusadermoe, January 10, 2013, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusadermoe

Detroit is winning by 30 points late in 2nd half on YSU's home court. 

We can't let them get way out front.    When they play free and easy, they just pour it on.

What are the keys to slowing them down?

talksalot

I just watched that game on the HL site... OMG... Either YST is REALLY BAD or Detroit is that good.  101-60 in a game that wasn't that close.  UDM showed their true class by running it up...fast-breaks, etc...  But Caliste approached 30.  They have CSU before we get them next Thursday.  Gonna Be Touch.

wh

No question they play on emotion.  They poured it on when they smelled blood in last year's tournament championship game.  On the other hand, when they had to play catch-up at the ARC earlier in the year, they gave up easier than anyone else we played all year.

StlVUFan

I'm beginning to form the impression that YSU is fragile, but I have nothing concrete to base it on.

HC

When Detroit is on a roll and their emotions are high (in a positive way) they have the ability and athletes to play at a different level then the rest of the league.

bbtds

I think the biggest problem for YSU was that Kendrick Perry got into foul trouble early and Damian Eargle just didn't play his usual good game. The Penguins just didn't have anyone else to challenge the very hot Caliste and also keep McCallum from scoring a bunch. It seemed like Detroit got a bunch of points on fast break lay-ups so YSU was just not getting back on defense.