• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2013-2014 Season

Started by classof2014, May 16, 2013, 11:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

Looking at the Real Time RPI Predictions...the update through games yesterday....

GBay 15-1 (lone loss at Cleveland State)
Clev  11-5
WrSt 9-7
Valp 8-8
Oakl 8-8
Milw 8-8
Youn 8-8
UDM 5-11
UIC 0-16

RPI Predictions for Saturday:
Valpo 77-72 over UWM
Young 84-69 over UDM
GBay 80-73 over Wright State (tonight)
GBay 86-69 over UIC on Sunday
Clev 83-67 over Wright on Sunday

OAK is off until Wednesday

Valpofan00

In your guys opinion....what do you think is better for valpo? If wright state wins of Green Bay??

StlVUFan

Quote from: Valpofan00 on January 17, 2014, 06:23:56 PM
In your guys opinion....what do you think is better for valpo? If wright state wins of Green Bay??
My guys are out of the country at the moment, but when they return I'll pass your question on to them.

HC

WSU, they are the home team and have the worse conference record right?

LaPorteAveApostle

Yeah, but if you were feeling cocky, you might say root for GB because we haven't lost to them yet--we have 2 chances to hang Ls on them and only one with WSU :)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

justducky

GB-79   WSU-69

I watched enough of the game on ESPNU to reach the conclusion that we could be able to beat them here if we can just talk Wardle into spottin us 15 or 20 points.

HC

I suppose a WSU loss keeps that 2 seed closer in reach

talksalot

Wright State just Beat CSU at Wolstein... 49-46...  and with 14:45 to go at the Pavilion... UIC 47-42 over Green Bay!

oklahomamick

I'm watching the G.B. UIC game right now.  Brown is the real deal and will win POY.  Sykes is explosive. 

I think Lexus's speed will annoy Sykes and Carter's hands will pick up a couple turnovers.  Brown doesn't spend much time on the bench.  He can post up and hit 3's.  Would it be better to play an under size center (Bobby) and get physical with him?  Or do you put Moussa and Vashil's length on him?
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

2:29 to play... and the Ooop to Sykes finally ties it up at 63.   and UIC misses two free throws on the return trip down the court....   LETS GO FLAMES!

talksalot

The Flames again extinguish themselves... down 3 with 12 seconds to play... gave up a steal and a sykes dunk... time to switch over the Pats-Bronchos... too bad... it had promise...

Valpofan00

I thought Green Bay was the real deal but im not so sure anymore. My honest opinion now after seeing them going to OT with Milwaukee and barely hanging to UIC because of UIC's stupid mistakes is that they are overrated also that any team can win on any given day. If we shut down Sykes or Brown we will win the game. The Horizon League is stacked from top to bottom. Go Valpo!

HC

Stacked from top to bottom with mediocre teams.

oklahomamick

There's talk that green bay could get an at-large bid if they clear the table but drop one in conference tournament.  The league will probably have another player selected in the 2nd round for the second straight year.  Not bad for a mid major conference.  Out of conference play could have been better but rpi of the HL will be the same maybe a spot lower than last year.
CRUSADERS!!!

valpopal

LaVonte Dority named Horizon League co-Player of the Week (with Brown) and Lexus Williams named Horizon League Freshman of the Week: Congrats to both!

http://www.horizonleague.org/blog/green-bays-brown-valpos-dority-williams-tabbed-for-hlmbb-honors.html

VUfan

Lets hope they can play as well in Ohio where Horizon league championship's are won or lost.  ;)

VULB#62

FWIW -- Just noticed that the St. Louis Billikens are now 17-2 and ranked #20 in the latest USAToday coaches poll. Kinda comforting to know that we barely lost to them in the ARC December 7th on a buzzer beater 65-67.  They could have been 16-3 and maybe NR at this point.  Oh, well.

wh

HL Weekly video (with lots of good Valpo stuff):

http://www.horizonleague.org

valpopal

LaVonte Dority named Horizon League Player of the Week for the second time in three weeks!

LaPorteAveApostle

if he keeps this pace up they'll simply rename the award for him.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpopal

Clay Yeo has been named the Horizon League "Freshman of the Week." He is the third member of our freshman class to receive this honor. We have a lot to anticipate the next few years!

Congratulations to Clay!

LaPorteAveApostle

valpopal

Congrats to Alec Peters also for being named an Horizon League "Top Performer of the Week"!

wh

Quote from: valpopal on February 10, 2014, 10:31:27 AM
Clay Yeo has been named the Horizon League "Freshman of the Week." He is the third member of our freshman class to receive this honor. We have a lot to anticipate the next few years!

Congratulations to Clay!

6th time in 14 weeks that a Valpo Freshman has won the award (3 by Peters,  2 by Williams, 1 by Yeo). Also, the only team with  multiple players.

Kyle321n

So can Valpo just win the Newcomer of the Year award? Unfortunately I don't think we've had any one player stand out so that will hurt Lexus's and Alec's chances at the award.  Kahlil Felder is my pick to win it, in a landslide. He's been tearing up the conference season and leads ALL players in assists per game by nearly 2 assists.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer