• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2013-2014 Season

Started by classof2014, May 16, 2013, 11:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Yes it looks much better.  So I stand corrected, he is right handed!   ;D
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

well, i don't know.  now ".edom neercs lluf tixe ot csE sserP" is backwards

;)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Quote from: EddieCabot on October 14, 2013, 05:15:04 PM
Quote from: valpotx on October 14, 2013, 04:19:30 PM
Looks fine to me.  Even Moussa Mbaye developed a decent jump shot his last year, so I am sure this Moussa from Senegal will be fine around the rim and a few feet out.

Even though the logo looks fine to tx, I've taken the liberty of flipping the image.  Does the flipped image (on the right) look better or worse?  Better or worse?

I was referencing his form and potential, not the logo  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

Despite losing its six players with top minutes and scoring, Valpo does get a little bit of respect in the College Insider Mid-Major Top 25 preseason poll. From the Horizon League, only Green Bay cracked the top-25 at #21. The Crusaders received 29 votes and ranked 47. It will be interesting to see how much the team can move up during the season.

http://www.horizonleague.org/blog/seven-teams-earn-votes-in-opening-mid-major-top-25

valpopal

Bryce promotes the new season around town:

#GoValpo

LaPorteAveApostle

that's pretty cool.  replayed the drive to dickeys BBQ several times, though, and still have no clue where that is...going to have to google map it.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Chairback

Will Saturday's game be streamed?  Not sure if exhibition games will be. Thanks

valpotx

I was wondering the same thing, about where Dickey's was located.  I had no idea that they were in the Midwest as well.  From Dallas to Valpo with love  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 22, 2013, 01:43:58 PMthat's pretty cool.  replayed the drive to dickeys BBQ several times, though, and still have no clue where that is...going to have to google map it.

It's on the south side of LaPorte Ave in one of the shopping plaza's just west of the intersection of LaPorte (Hwy 2) and Hwy 49.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Valparaiso,+IN&hl=en&ll=41.46784,-87.032656&spn=0.001091,0.002642&sll=37.6,-95.665&sspn=37.507426,86.572266&oq=Valparaiso&hnear=Valparaiso,+Porter,+Indiana&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=41.467808,-87.032772&panoid=_cRQ9aIVR1hpXEZydecITQ&cbp=12,155.12,,1,1.43
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

wh

Quote from: historyman on October 22, 2013, 02:14:04 PM
Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 22, 2013, 01:43:58 PMthat's pretty cool.  replayed the drive to dickeys BBQ several times, though, and still have no clue where that is...going to have to google map it.

It's on the south side of LaPorte Ave in one of the shopping plaza's just west of the intersection of LaPorte (Hwy 2) and Hwy 49.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Valparaiso,+IN&hl=en&ll=41.46784,-87.032656&spn=0.001091,0.002642&sll=37.6,-95.665&sspn=37.507426,86.572266&oq=Valparaiso&hnear=Valparaiso,+Porter,+Indiana&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=41.467808,-87.032772&panoid=_cRQ9aIVR1hpXEZydecITQ&cbp=12,155.12,,1,1.43

Dickey's is 3 or 4 spaces west of Starbuck's in the same small strip mall.  I believe they are in the spot vacated by Wagner's Ribs.  Haven't been there, but I have heard some good things about it.

Valpofan00

I will be on vacation on the weekend of the 1st exhibition game and I was hoping it would be streamed online do any of you know if it will be? ??? Thanks

bbtds

Quote from: Valpofan00 on October 22, 2013, 05:13:28 PM
I will be on vacation on the weekend of the 1st exhibition game and I was hoping it would be streamed online do any of you know if it will be? ??? Thanks

It shows that the Volleyball match against UIC will be streamed on HLN earlier in the day at 3:00 p.m. EDT. It wouldn't be that hard to stream the exhibition men's basketball game against Hillsdale later on at 8:00 p.m. EDT

Valpofan00

I checked on valpoathletics.com and you can only listen to the game or follow it by the stats I'm very confused

valporun

In the past, they've only streamed the audio of the exhibition games.

bbtds

Quote from: valporun on October 22, 2013, 08:28:55 PM
In the past, they've only streamed the audio of the exhibition games.
I've checked the HLN live video page for Saturday night 10/26/2013 at 8:00 p.m. EDT several times and they have no listing for Hillsdale at Valpo. It looks like this one will be audio only as far as I can tell.

http://www.horizonleague.org/schedule.html?live=1

Pgmado

The game will be on WVUR (and audio-streamlined online) only with a special guest providing color commentary. From what I understand the team likes to keep the exhibition games "off-tape" so to speak.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: historyman on October 22, 2013, 02:14:04 PMIt's on the south side of LaPorte Ave in one of the shopping plaza's just west of the intersection of LaPorte (Hwy 2) and Hwy 49.
thank you but now that i am a big boy i can google for myself these days ;)

classof2014

I think it's more the HL than Valpo deciding not to air the exhibition games. No team's exhibition games are being streamed on the HL Network at least.

chef

That's because teams don't want their preseason games streamed, not for any other reason.

Valpofan00

Anyone know who Keith carter will be facing in his first game?

historyman

Quote from: Valpofan00 on October 27, 2013, 12:37:08 PMAnyone know who Keith carter will be facing in his first game?

It will be at the Central Florida tournament in Orlando, FL against Southeastern University of Lakeland,FL on Saturday, Dec. 21st at 5:30 p.m. CST. The next afternoon Keith will get his first real test when the Crusaders take on Central Florida on the UCF home court on Sunday, Dec.22nd (less than 24 hours later) at 1:30 p.m. CST.

If you're a Bears fan it will be around halftime of the Bears at Eagles game that Sunday, Dec. 22nd. which starts at noon CST.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

bbtds

Quote from: chef on October 27, 2013, 12:32:42 AM
That's because teams don't want their preseason games streamed, not for any other reason.

Interesting. I was looking at the Milwaukee schedule today and noticed that the Panthers show their exhibition game against Marian University as being shown on HLN.

http://www.uwmpanthers.com/sports/m-baskbl/wiml-m-baskbl-body.html

Thursday, Oct 31
OPP/EVENT   TIME   COVERAGE
vs Marian (EXHIBITION)   7:00 PM   gametracker | Watch On HLN

Friday, Nov 8
at Loyola   7:00 PM   
Monday, Nov 11
at Davidson   6:00 PM   
Friday, Nov 15
vs San Jose State   5:30 PM   
Saturday, Nov 16
vs James Madison   5:30 PM   

classof2014

Quote from: bbtds on October 27, 2013, 11:43:41 PMInteresting. I was looking at the Milwaukee schedule today and noticed that the Panthers show their exhibition game against Marian University as being shown on HLN.

Well they probably want their fans to have the opportunity to watch their team win a game.    ;D

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: classof2014 on October 28, 2013, 10:05:14 AMWell they probably want their fans to have the opportunity to watch their team win a game.   
ZING

historyman

Quote from: bbtds on October 27, 2013, 11:43:41 PMI was looking at the Milwaukee schedule today and noticed that the Panthers show their exhibition game against Marian University as being shown on HLN.

This must be Todd Lickliter and Rob Jeter renewing their friendship from their Horizon League days.