• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Many Days in the Life of Alec Jeffevich Peters (in Russia)

Started by valpo84, September 19, 2018, 08:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

bbtds

New thread without any further posts.

Any new news on Alec Peters?

wh

VUGrad1314

Those are some seriously unimpressive and underwhelming numbers. Alec better kick it in gear. Maybe he should get some tips from Rowdy on how to succeed internationally (and in the NBA for that matter).

valpotx

He doesn't need to put up big numbers in ppg and rpg, if he shoots 44.7% from 3.  He is on one of the best teams in the world, outside of the NBA, so I wasn't expecting him to dominate.  There are several former NBA players on his team, so he wasn't going to be the focal point.  He will get looks because of his shooting %.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2014

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on April 07, 2019, 09:41:33 AM
Those are some seriously unimpressive and underwhelming numbers. Alec better kick it in gear. Maybe he should get some tips from Rowdy on how to succeed internationally (and in the NBA for that matter).

He's currently a "role" player on one of the best clubs in europe at the highest level which is fine. It isn't unimpressive in my book. I'd imagine they have him mostly floating around the perimeter and he isn't getting many opportunities in the paint. 45% 3pt shooting is pretty darn good. His job isn't to put up huge offensive numbers at that club this season. Just need to put things in perspective.

Will this season spring board him onto a NBA roster? I don't think so but I'm not a NBA scout so what do I know. He still has time build up his stock. Rowdy played overseas for multiple years before getting his big break. Also needs to be mentioned that Rowdy was more of a focal point of the offense with his last euro club.

VUGrad1314