• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

This upcoming weekend 1/13 & 1/15

Started by covufan, January 09, 2012, 09:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

We are currently behind 3 HL teams in losses and tied with two others at 2 losses.  We have two of the teams ahead of us in the standings in town this weekend.  We really need to step up the support for both games.  I think that Youngstown St. should not be surprising anyone, at least not now after starting HL play at 4-1. 

The team needs to forget the second half at Wright State, and work on playing a full game with confidence.  The coaching staff will need to find those combinations on the court that can stop a run by the other team, and inject energy into both ends of the court.

With a Friday night and Sunday afternoon game, the students and local supporters should be there in full force. 

sectionee

http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2012/01/pivotal-weekend-ahead.html

Agreed...come out to the ARC this weekend.  They should both be very entertaining games!

covufan

We took care of the first game, now on to Cleveland St.!  We are currently behind two teams in the loss column, and tied with one team.  We can remedy one of those tomorrow, and hope that Butler helps us as well.

justducky

Quote from: covufan on January 14, 2012, 04:52:01 PM
We took care of the first game, now on to Cleveland St.!  We are currently behind two teams in the loss column, and tied with one team.  We can remedy one of those tomorrow, and hope that Butler helps us as well.
No disrespect to JSU but with the level of somewhat raw talent that Butler has and their recent Horizon League domination, I don't think I can bring myself to support Butler in this one. I would kind of like to see the penguins jump on them and peck-em while they are down. Just leave your waterfowl worries up to me.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: justducky on January 14, 2012, 07:52:40 PM
Quote from: covufan on January 14, 2012, 04:52:01 PM
No disrespect to JSU but with the level of somewhat raw talent that Butler has and their recent Horizon League domination, I don't think I can bring myself to support Butler in this one. I would kind of like to see the penguins jump on them and peck-em while they are down. Just leave your waterfowl worries up to me.

who's jsu? i'm assuming you meant ysu?

bbtds

justducky

Quote from: bbtds on January 14, 2012, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: vuweathernerd on January 14, 2012, 08:12:04 PMwho's jsu? i'm assuming you meant ysu?

Yes, Jungstown State!   ;D

Thats right -  go Jungstown beat Butler State.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: bbtds on January 14, 2012, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: vuweathernerd on January 14, 2012, 08:12:04 PMwho's jsu? i'm assuming you meant ysu?

Yes, Jungstown State!   ;D

nice! the german spelling! "valpo's well known for the international flair their team has taken on over the last several years." ;)