• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Where in the world is/was

Started by IndyValpo, February 03, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valpo89

yes, I'm fairly certain he never sold his house in Aberdeen.

wh

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on June 11, 2019, 06:43:16 AM
Quote from: VU2014 on June 10, 2019, 08:39:29 PM
Looks like Bryce is back home

https://twitter.com/BryceDrewCoach/status/1138258738077458434
Not trying to stoke the coaching controversy, just wondering.  Do they still have a home in NWI?

I hope they are home.  My love affair with Valpo basketball began just before Bryce arrived on the scene.  I loved him as a player, followed him as a pro, loved him as his Dad's Assistant, loved him as head coach. 

VUGrad1314

Wouldn't mind if he's staying close for a potential return to taking the reins of the program. Wouldn't mind that at all.

VU2014

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on June 11, 2019, 01:36:35 PM
Wouldn't mind if he's staying close for a potential return to taking the reins of the program. Wouldn't mind that at all.

I don't think that's going to happen but yeah a guy can dream. I still want to see what Coach Lottich can do with this new crew of players. Just my opinion but he needs to make sure the arrow is clearly pointing up for the program after this next season. He doesn't need to win the League but he needs to make sure the program is trending upward (whatever that means).

VU2014

Quote from: VUBBFan on June 17, 2019, 12:24:24 PM
https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1140665745740840960

The Homer Drew coaching tree is really impressive. Also just shows how impressive Bryce's staffs were.

valpotx

Congrats to Powell.  He will be a HC at a solid program in the near future.
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

ML's coaching tree involves guys at UNC Wilmington, Utah St and Northwestern.

I wonder if Roger regrets not taking the Valpo head coaching job. 

At the time the program was coming of a NIT finals, and several HL championships.  He really could have built from that.  I think he would have had success. 
[/size
]
CRUSADERS!!!

VU2014

Bobby is back in the area working for a local company named, 'Steiner Homes, LTD'. He's quoted in the article.

https://twitter.com/ValpoLife/status/1143288944290701313

Pgmado

Article was written in 2014. Bobby is happily living in Colorado where his sister-in-law, Meredith Hamlet just moved.

VU2014

Quote from: Pgmado on June 25, 2019, 05:56:38 PM
Article was written in 2014. Bobby is happily living in Colorado where his sister-in-law, Meredith Hamlet just moved.

;D

valpotx

Moussa was very similar to Kikas, all smiles, all of the time.  Quality guy.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

Left open is why was Moussa at Valpo in the first place. Just visiting?  It's been a few years since he graduated. What's he been doing since?

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VULB#62 on July 02, 2019, 08:14:15 AM
Left open is why was Moussa at Valpo in the first place. Just visiting?  It's been a few years since he graduated. What's he been doing since?

His polo shirt said "Belmont"

Pgmado

Sounds like he's back in the area. Recently moved to Michigan City. Not sure his plans. We only talked briefly.

VULB#62

Does he have enough flexibility in his schedule to come in a couple times a week and take our bigs to school in the paint???  If they can manage to score on this guy, they can score down low against anyone in the MVC.

valpotx

Congrats to Deion! 

Paul, didn't Moussa move back to Senegal after school?  I believe that he did play 1 season of professional basketball in Mozambique a few years after that, but seemed to have stayed in Senegal.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

I am surprised to see that I am the first to post this gem!

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/college/valparaiso-university/keith-carter-to-play-with-oklahoma-city-in-nba-summer/article_b50dae08-9c2c-5e58-995b-21f2d02c14e9.html

I loved Keith Carter, and he is the type of guy that should have been allowed that extra year.  This finally answers my question of, 'why in the world hasn't Keith Carter played professional basketball as of yet?'  It just made no sense without this injury explanation.  He is another guy that will play top European basketball, and represent Valpo well.
"Don't mess with Texas"

FWalum

I don't think that OKC is doing Keith any favors. He is one of two players that have not seen the floor yet in 2 games.  Looks like what Keith said in the article is coming true, OKC is only looking at their picks and the other guys are out in the cold. Keith must have been brought in as a practice player if they aren't going to look at him in game situations..
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

oklahomamick

After last night, Keith remains to be the only one who has not played.  The Thunder went 2-19 from 3 point. 
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

Quote from: oklahomamick on July 09, 2019, 01:31:46 PM
After last night, Keith remains to be the only one who has not played.  The Thunder went 2-19 from 3 point. 

and that continued with the Croatia game that just ended... still has not taken off the warmup...

and the Thunder did win today... I hope the hotel and meals are nice.  Not sure what the paycheck is.