• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Where in the world is/was

Started by IndyValpo, February 03, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

Well said bigmosmithfan1.  Although he didn't recruit Smits, so he gets half a pass.  A coach, manager or CEO has the responsibility to get everyone to believe in the environment and system you set up. 

Those two along with Jaume didn't believe in Lottich or the system and had bad attitudes because of it.  Frustration set in and they all left to superior programs.

Lottich gets paid a lot to recruit players and produce a winning season in a proud and storied program.  If Lottich has success at a storied program such as Valpo, I promise he would get a big pay raise and better job.  He just hasn't had that success.  He could finally have that success this year.....
CRUSADERS!!!

covufan

Quote from: VU2014 on July 24, 2019, 08:35:44 PM
https://twitter.com/BBCHSBOYSHOOPS/status/1154020535300501504?s=20
I wish him well.

On another note, I went to the verbal commits website for Southern U:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/southern-university

And guess what is listed under the "Latest Jaguar Headlines" section?

http://www.subr.edu/news/southern-plants-first-seeds-in-medical-marijuana-venture

I'll leave this here with no further comment...

valpo84

Well, part of the grad transfer rules are the transfer school has to offer your graduate program that is not available at your former school (Sarcasm Intended)  8-).  MBA Cannabis Business Ventures may be offered at Southern with such exciting course offerings as:

Taking Your Business Higher -- Developing the right business plans and strategies to take advantage of this growing field.
Harshing the Mellow -- Understanding and reacting to the myriad of regulations and laws governing this field and how to obtain/maintain licenses
Purple Haze -- How to incorporate sustainability practices into profitable business strategies
Candyperson Can -- Designed to help develop a retail sales and marketing strategy that also encompasses edibles, oils and other non-traditional product offerings
Panama Red and Acapulco Gold (with Lab) -- Basic cultivating class to understand and differentiate available product lines, genetic modeling and testing
From Reefer Madness to Pineapple Express (Elective) -- Exploring the themes and history of the industry in movies
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

Pgmado

Quote from: valpotx on August 04, 2019, 12:36:13 AM
This will be a tough season for Golder's new team:

https://sports.yahoo.com/twosport-portland-state-athlete-deante-strickland-allegedly-shot-and-killed-by-sister-151432041.html

Golder and Strickland have known each other since the fifth grade. Used to play together all the time growing up.

oklahomamick

Roger Powell was on The Herd with Colin Cowherd yesterday.  Doug Gottlieb (Okie St.) was hosting the show and talked to Roger about Illinois 2005 Title game run and playing for Bill Self. 

I have not listened yet, but very curious to see if Valpo is talked about it. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpopal

I thought everyone would appreciate this morning's tweet from Erik Buggs:

[tweet]1159810504447221760[/tweet]

EddieCabot

Quote from: oklahomamick on August 08, 2019, 08:51:04 AM
Roger Powell was on The Herd with Colin Cowherd yesterday.  Doug Gottlieb (Okie St.) was hosting the show and talked to Roger about Illinois 2005 Title game run and playing for Bill Self. 

I have not listened yet, but very curious to see if Valpo is talked about it.

Roger was also a guest on Gottlieb's "All Ball" podcast this week.  Great interview and Roger spoke very highly of Bryce and Valpo.

oklahomamick

I have heard from some posters that Powell left on bad terms.  Is there any truth to this? 
CRUSADERS!!!

EddieCabot

Quote from: oklahomamick on August 09, 2019, 12:11:29 PM
I have heard from some posters that Powell left on bad terms.  Is there any truth to this?

I haven't heard that, but I assume that Powell was interested and/or interviewed for the head coaching position when Bryce left.  In that situation, assistants who interview and don't get the job usually move on.  He had a nice soft landing spot with Bryce.

On the Gottlieb podcast, Powell mentioned that Vandy "took care" of him when Bryce was let go, stating he was continuing to get paid.  Most head coaches have buyout provisions, but it's much rarer for assistants to be paid after termination.

valpotx

Not a VU alum, but Robbie Hummel is apparently going to do some work for my company (SiriusXM), as I got a new hire alert this morning for him (I am in HR). 
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu84v2

Vashil is probably kneeling or sitting on the bottom in that picture. Terrific guy and I hope that he is doing well.

VULB#62

Australia beat US MBB for the first time in front of 52k fans in Australia.  Rowdy is not on the roster as far as I could tell.

FWalum

Quote from: VULB#62 on August 24, 2019, 08:41:50 AM
Australia beat US MBB for the first time in front of 52k fans in Australia.  Rowdy is not on the roster as far as I could tell.
Maybe took the time off to help and be with little 2 month old baby Jackson?
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpotx

Yes, he is not going to the World Championship, instead spending time with family.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2014

Rowdy announced a few weeks ago that he wouldn't compete this summer because of the newborn. He said he will try out to be in the olympics the following summer

nkvu

Quote from: VU2014 on August 24, 2019, 10:22:27 PM
Rowdy announced a few weeks ago that he wouldn't compete this summer because of the newborn. He said he will try out to be in the olympics the following summer

He certainly has his priorities in order. I never cease to be impressed with him not only as a player but as a man.

VUBBFan

Looks like he's happy where he landed. Good luck Jay. Maybe we'll be able to play against him this year.
https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsMBB/status/1166432694462402560

VUGrad1314

Jay struggled to add value to an MVC team, I doubt very strongly he will add much value to an AAC team. Good luck all the same but mostly good riddance to a guy that couldn't put the ball in the basket.