• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Where in the world is/was

Started by IndyValpo, February 03, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VU2014 on March 18, 2018, 02:02:28 PMDo we have a Bruce Drew that hit a shot on a play called "Valpo" in our history that I'm unaware of? https://twitter.com/happeninghoops/status/975440657019006981

Surely he's using Bruce ironically like some Valpo fans do...

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on April 05, 2018, 10:15:38 PM
Quote from: VU2014 on March 18, 2018, 02:02:28 PMDo we have a Bruce Drew that hit a shot on a play called "Valpo" in our history that I'm unaware of? https://twitter.com/happeninghoops/status/975440657019006981

Surely he's using Bruce ironically like some Valpo fans do...

Personally, I think it's counter-productive to hate on this kid.  If it makes you feel better, so be it.  But who is lining up to be in the Valpo student section these days?

Going after someone THAT ACTUALLY ATTENDS GAMES IN THE STUDENT SECTION, is retarded.  I get that you don't like him, but let's no drive away 1/12th of the students.

VU2014

lol no one hates Ethan. He's a good kid. Stop being dramatic.

VUGrad1314

No hate intended. Just pointing out inconsistencies between his role and his actions\ambitions and how they might be part of the reason why nobody's lining up to lead the section. That's all anyone on this board has ever done.

agibson

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on April 06, 2018, 07:51:13 AMGoing after someone THAT ACTUALLY ATTENDS GAMES IN THE STUDENT SECTION, is retarded.

Using mentally handicapped people as a rhetorical tactic, even unintentionally, is so frat boy.

(Got to love Ethan's passion and willingness to put himself out there. Hopefully he takes banter from the alumni base in a good, mostly encouraging, spirit.)

agibson

Quote from: FWalum on March 29, 2018, 10:29:06 AM
Don't remember seeing this anywhere, but does anyone know what, when and how this injury happened to Rowdy?
Rowdy Post Surgery Pic
Also, isn't there a way to embed Instagram stuff into the SMF forum posts?  I tried the common BBCode [instagram][/instagram] inserting the ID, but that did not work. 

It's not really a surprise, since he's first team. But, great to see a major Twitter handle feature him, even when injured.

[tweet]983355966518452224[/tweet]

FWalum

Quote from: agibson on April 09, 2018, 12:26:33 PM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on April 06, 2018, 07:51:13 AMGoing after someone THAT ACTUALLY ATTENDS GAMES IN THE STUDENT SECTION, is retarded.

Using mentally handicapped people as a rhetorical tactic, even unintentionally, is so frat boy.

(Got to love Ethan's passion and willingness to put himself out there. Hopefully he takes banter from the alumni base in a good, mostly encouraging, spirit.)
I have to agree, not sure why we were going after a kid who was obviously trying to make a difference. I know there were a couple of missteps, but give the kid a break.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VULB#62

He is a kid, after all, and can't be expected to have all the right answers and mature skills all of us on the board share routinely  ;)

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: FWalum on April 09, 2018, 04:44:01 PM

I have to agree, not sure why we were going after a kid who was obviously trying to make a difference. I know there were a couple of missteps, but give the kid a break.

I'm glad you think so Gibson, it was intended to horribly offend ppl and draw attn to my ignorant frat boy ways.  Come on now...

Language is dynamic and what we make it, I'm not a PR director so no fake apologies are forthcoming.

wh

As someone with a developmentally disabled brother, I appreciate your response more than you know.

VULB#62

There plenty ways ways to spotlight stupid stuff. We can do better. Let's move on.

Welcome back from wherever you were WH.

valpotx

FG05, you need to keep up with the times.  You can't use the word in that manner nowadays.  It has nothing to do with the PC Police, and everything to do with respect for others.  What may have been commonplace 10-15 years ago, and yes, I used the word in that manner many times in HS and college, does not mean that it is ok now (or really ever was ok, looking back)
"Don't mess with Texas"

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valpotx on April 09, 2018, 09:38:27 PM
FG05, you need to keep up with the times.  You can't use the word in that manner nowadays.  It has nothing to do with the PC Police, and everything to do with respect for others.  What may have been commonplace 10-15 years ago, and yes, I used the word in that manner many times in HS and college, does not mean that it is ok now (or really ever was ok, looking back)

Thanks...next.

VU2014

Some sad news. Bryan Bouchie passed away. He played 1 season for Valpo back in 2007-08. RIP.

https://twitter.com/DaveCrooks1/status/985640625574957057

VUGrad1314

Really sad to hear. Prayers to his family.

nkvu

That is so sad to hear. Remember his great performance against Washington. If he had stayed at Valpo I think he could have been one of the best 5's Valpo ever had. RIP.

bbtds

valpo64

Were there also some substance abuse problems?  I believe there were several incidents that happened after he left VU.

VU2014

I'd love to see a Valpo alums team! They could put together a really competitive team.

https://twitter.com/Doritykid/status/985933370176737281

VUfan

This was Bryan's Short life, Completed a degree at ISU in 2016   

Bryan L. Bouchie, 29, of Washington, passed away April 14, 2018. Born Dec. 28, 1988, in Bloomington, he was the son of Steve and Lisa (Waggoner) Bouchie.
Bryan graduated from Washington High School with the Class of 2007. During his senior year, he was an Indiana Basketball All-Star. He earned his bachelor's degree in history from Indiana State University in 2016. He was employed as a sales manager for Enterprise in Vincennes. He also graduated from Reppert's Auctioneering School. Bryan was a faithful member of Bethany Christian Church. He loved playing with his children and nieces and nephews. Bryan is survived by his parents, Steve and Lisa Bouchie; a son, Orion Bouchie; a daughter, Andiee Bouchie; a brother, Corey (Teri) Bouchie; a sister, Carey (Daniel Ash) Bouchie; grandparents, Carolyn Bouchie, Marvin and Carole Poland and Bill and Shirley Waggoner; nephews Caleb and Bradley Bouchie; and nieces Ivy and Willa Ash. He is preceded in death by paternal grandparents, Norman and Carrey Bouchie; and an uncle, Ronnie Bouchie.
Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 19, 2018, in Gill Funeral Home. Visitation will be Wednesday, April 18, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Gill Funeral Home. The family requests that memorial contributions be made to Bethany Christian Church Children's Ministry. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home. Online condolences may be made at www.gillsince1872.com

valpo84

Sorry to hear about Bryan. Thoughts and prayers to his children, parents, family and friends. Ps. 23.  His Dad was an IU hoops player for Knight and former Mr Basketball.  Bryan was a HUGE recruiting catch for us.  His game against Washington and its highly touted center, as discussed above, was a great performance.  It was very sad for him to transfer. 
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

valpotx

Sad to see about Bouchie.  That guy had endless potential on the basketball court, and unfortunately, his off the court issues got to him.  RIP.
"Don't mess with Texas"

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valpotx on April 18, 2018, 02:08:41 AM
Sad to see about Bouchie.  That guy had endless potential on the basketball court, and unfortunately, his off the court issues got to him.  RIP.

Did someone confirm cause of death?