• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Where in the world is/was

Started by IndyValpo, February 03, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: VUfan on April 16, 2018, 09:08:47 PM
This was Bryan's Short life, Completed a degree at ISU in 2016   

Bryan L. Bouchie, 29, of Washington, passed away April 14, 2018. Born Dec. 28, 1988, in Bloomington, he was the son of Steve and Lisa (Waggoner) Bouchie.
Bryan graduated from Washington High School with the Class of 2007. During his senior year, he was an Indiana Basketball All-Star. He earned his bachelor's degree in history from Indiana State University in 2016. He was employed as a sales manager for Enterprise in Vincennes. He also graduated from Reppert's Auctioneering School. Bryan was a faithful member of Bethany Christian Church. He loved playing with his children and nieces and nephews. Bryan is survived by his parents, Steve and Lisa Bouchie; a son, Orion Bouchie; a daughter, Andiee Bouchie; a brother, Corey (Teri) Bouchie; a sister, Carey (Daniel Ash) Bouchie; grandparents, Carolyn Bouchie, Marvin and Carole Poland and Bill and Shirley Waggoner; nephews Caleb and Bradley Bouchie; and nieces Ivy and Willa Ash. He is preceded in death by paternal grandparents, Norman and Carrey Bouchie; and an uncle, Ronnie Bouchie.
Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 19, 2018, in Gill Funeral Home. Visitation will be Wednesday, April 18, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Gill Funeral Home. The family requests that memorial contributions be made to Bethany Christian Church Children's Ministry. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home. Online condolences may be made at www.gillsince1872.com

Very sad. Tragic.

From a fan perspective... we'll always have Washington!

That was our first P5 win in forever.

bbtds

Maybe just call up the Daviess County coroner's office and say you're investigating why some former college basketball players die an early death. You never know who will answer the phone.

http://www.daviess.org/department/index.php?structureid=18

covufan

Sad to hear about Bryan Bouchie. Prayers to his family.

Wish they gave cause - may be waiting on toxicology report. He appeared to have life in better order, with church, degree and career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: covufan on April 20, 2018, 10:40:58 AM

Wish they gave cause - may be waiting on toxicology report. He appeared to have life in better order, with church, degree and career.

Agreed, bbtds seems to have a recommendation for those of us who are curious.  We are to call the morgue.  He was nice enough to post the contact info and everything.

VULB#62

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on April 20, 2018, 07:08:55 PM

Agreed, bbtds seems to have a recommendation for those of us who are curious.  We are to call the morgue.  He was nice enough to post the contact info and everything.

I'm sorry, but is that any of our business?  If the family wanted to share that information, don't you think they would have released it? Let the family deal with their grief and let's not cause any additional sorrow.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VULB#62 on April 20, 2018, 08:53:44 PM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on April 20, 2018, 07:08:55 PM

I'm sorry, but is that any of our business?  If the family wanted to share that information, don't you think they would have released it? Let the family deal with their grief and let's not cause any additional sorrow.

It is if it's published and it's not if it's kept internal.  It's an honest curiosity so where's the harm in asking if someone heard or read the answer somewhere?

Whenever I see someone my age pass away, there is curiosity.  It's not like he's a senior citizen.

VU2014

Good to hear guys overseas will get a chance to catch up. It's awesome that we have 3 alums on one team Europe.

https://twitter.com/Doritykid/status/989960559515795457

VU2014

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VU2014 on May 23, 2018, 09:25:31 PM
https://twitter.com/happeninghoops/status/999474076212236288
https://twitter.com/AlexGold/status/999350876216221696

Anyone think he has a chance at a North American b-ball career playing?  I'm going with not so much.  Nice guy, future is in other professional endeavors outside of G-League or NBA.

VU2014

I could see Lexus getting a shot with a G-League team. I could also see him playing in Europe somewhere.

VULB#62

Wherever he winds up, Lexus is a great kid and we at Valpo were blessed to have him. It is a shame he could not have finished his collegite carer at VU. In retrospect on the past season, he might have made a difference.

wh

Quote from: VULB#62 on May 23, 2018, 10:31:00 PM
Wherever he winds up, Lexus is a great kid and we at Valpo were blessed to have him. It is a shame he could not have finished his collegite carer at VU. in retrospe t on dthe past season,he might have made a difference.

How many close losses resulted from back court players not being able to hit uncontested 3's against sagging defenses daring them to shoot? Yeah, I would say Lexus "might" have made a difference. 

VULB#62

[tweet]999310848610000896[/tweet]

[tweet]999301433391448064[/tweet]

valpotx

Good for Lexus.  I guarantee that the NBA wasn't even a thought for him when he was coming back from injury.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU75

The Bears have announced Adam Amin will be part of a new preseason broadcast team.

VU2014

VUGrad1314

Wanted to avoid injury in advance of Summer League?

wh

The Ryan backstory:

"The VTB United League season ended painfully for Ryan Broekhoff and Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar. The team's leading scorer was cleared to resume playing after recovering from his broken hand, yet despite being ready to go, he wouldn't be able to do it because of his club's unforgivable mistake: they just forgot to register their star Australian as an active player before the playoffs deadline! Playing without the 27 year-old sharpshooter, Lokomotiv struggled against EuroLeague side Khimki Moscow. They were swamped 66-79, 72-77 and 73-86 to be swept out of the playoffs without a single win."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pickandroll.com.au/euroview-motum-into-semis-broekhoffs-return-bungled/amp/

VU2014

Valpo Basketball Alum Brian Sommer attended the Valpo Elite Camp with his son this past weekend.

https://twitter.com/BrianSommer5/status/1011030952527781888

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

IndyValpo