• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/9/13 Valpo at UIC game thread

Started by historyman, December 22, 2012, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milldew72

On the road. Can't score.
UIC 71, VU 58

talksalot

I'm feeling it for the B&G....   VU 68, UIC 57

HC

I just saw Valpo is a 4 point favorite. Lets get that cover!

Smj

The video and audio feed from UIC is awful... 

oklahomamick

nice three from Ryan to end the half.  Wish other players could make three's.
CRUSADERS!!!

motowntitan

Anyone else thinks this feed is terrible?

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

Smj

Quote from: motowntitan on January 09, 2013, 08:37:07 PM
Anyone else thinks this feed is terrible?
Sucks...   I am not sure but wondering if UIC is using dial-up...

Getting worse.
Am i the only one that watches a second.... pause a second... Watch a second....   Pause....

oklahomamick

can only watch 2 seconds before it freezes for 8 seconds.
CRUSADERS!!!

Valpo89

Todd's radio call is about three minutes ahead of the Horizon League feed right now. Score is 53-52, Ryan just misses a 3. On the feed, it's 48-46 UIC before the under-8 timeout.

motowntitan

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

Smj

here's a thought how about everybody disconnect and I'll tell you if it gets better.... 

(actually - i just gave up .)

oklahomamick

I gave up.....listening to the radio
CRUSADERS!!!

VULB#62

I never turned on the sound -- just watching from about 5 minutes left in the 2nd half.

Stupid question from a football guy:  why do we weave in the back half of the forecourt for 7-10 seconds without even presenting a challenge to the opponent before we enter into our attack?  I ask this because it seems like UIC is a poised to attack us as soon as they cross midcourt.

oklahomamick

Big plays in the last 2 minutes.  Huge road win. 
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

CBS sportstracker was about 45 seconds ahead of Todd... who is now 5:31 ahead of the Video.
Nice Road Win !... Gotta Believe 2 more on the road coming up... then the Wright State comes in and they're 3-0...

Rowdie ! What can be added to the stats already....

See Y'all at the Klotsche Center on Saturday!!

govalpogo

Some gutsy performances tonight!  Some clutch shots down the stretch!  And most importantly, a road WIN for the Crusaders! Fun game to watch (because we won). Our biggest lead was 6, their's was 9.  Teams were a combined 43 of 48 from the stripe, good for almost 90%!

VULB#62

Quote from: VULB#62 on January 09, 2013, 09:17:14 PM
I never turned on the sound -- just watching from about 5 minutes left in the 2nd half.

Stupid question from a football guy:  why do we weave in the back half of the forecourt for 7-10 seconds without even presenting a challenge to the opponent before we enter into our attack?  I ask this because it seems like UIC is a poised to attack us as soon as they cross midcourt.

Just need a simple answer.  And was happy that we got the win but the video at my end crapped out with 40.5 left and the score closer than the final.

Smj

My wife stayed with the video and then it died with a minute of game left.   Horrible video from UIC.   HL should be pissed because the announcer kept saying the game was being brought to us by the HorizonLeague.  Not the best advertising.

As for the game - I stick by my earlier statement that we do better when refs blow their whistles even with capo and KVW fouling out....   "Letting them play" does not seem to be good for us.   Way to pull out a tough road win!!!!

StlVUFan

Quote from: govalpogo on January 09, 2013, 09:22:40 PM
Some gutsy performances tonight!  Some clutch shots down the stretch!  And most importantly, a road WIN for the Crusaders! Fun game to watch (because we won). Our biggest lead was 6, their's was 9.  Teams were a combined 43 of 48 from the stripe, good for almost 90%!
The biggest reason why I loved this game is because we won ... playing 5 on 8.  Pissing all over home cooking is a huge rush.

And losing such a game would make me very ornery.  This is the kind of game that used to make me say, "We damn well better win this game now!"

govalpogo

Quote from: StlVUFan on January 09, 2013, 09:28:05 PM
Quote from: govalpogo on January 09, 2013, 09:22:40 PM
The biggest reason why I loved this game is because we won ... playing 5 on 8.  Pissing all over home cooking is a huge rush.

And losing such a game would make me very ornery.  This is the kind of game that used to make me say, "We damn well better win this game now!"

If we lost, I'm not sure ornery would do my mood justice... ;)  Cantankerous perhaps.

bbtds

The thing that was missed on the video feed at the end was Bogan hitting 2 clutch FT's and Kenney hitting 4 clutch FT's. In between UIC's Talton hit 2 FT's and a lay-up, lay-up by Humes and the final points by UIC was a three by Talton. With 1 second to go Kenney finished the scoring with his second of 2 FT's for the 5 point win. 
Since UIC was behind they fouled every time Valpo got the ball in the last 40 seconds.

I just realized I forgot to mention the DUNK, yes a dunk, by Boggs on a feed from Broekhoff before the FT's by Bogan and Kenney.

If this Valpo team ever learned not to turnover the ball so much they sure would make it easier on themselves and come away with the win sooner.

valpospartan

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 09, 2013, 08:49:51 PM
HL should fined UI

Crummy video feed shut down with time on the clock.  We switched to radio & Todd was in his interview with Luke.  It's bad enough that the feed stunk, but then the ending was missed.  Thanks HL/UIC.  Oh, and then there was the UIC announcers - really bad!  If you don't believe it, ask cOpobianco.

HC

I thought announcers were fine, the feed was really bad but Matt says that is fixable. Any road win is a good road win, one down two to go on this trip. For those wondering the bus trip to Milwaukee was sold out so we should have a nice showing from our fans!

Dority nada ice 2nd half. Brogan maybe should've put the sleeve on the other arm tonight.