• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Next 6 games

Started by covufan, January 07, 2013, 12:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanityLost17

Couple of thoughts on a few of our upcoming opponents: 

1. Based on all of the shots that fell short tonight for Detroit @ CSU, I would say that that short bench of theirs is going to start to catch up with them as the season goes on.  When you play big minutes for an entire season, you are bound to start having games where everyone appears to have dead legs. (as they did today) 

2. Scheduling advantage Wright State.  They played on Friday, and have 8 days to prepare for their road game @ Valpo.  Meanwhile, Valpo played today before traveling @ Detroit on Thursday before heading home to play WSU on Saturday.

HC

Agree with both points. I'll get into more Detroit later over the next few days. Scheduling couldn't have been easy and I'm not sure there is a fair way to do it with the number of teams. I still don't think WSU is going to challenge for the top two spots in the league, but they have done well for themselves early on.

valpotx

Like UIC in non-conference, I think WSU has just hit a 'lucky' streak.  They will come back down to earth soon
"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

Quote from: valpotx on January 13, 2013, 02:13:16 AM
Like UIC in non-conference, I think WSU has just hit a 'lucky' streak.  They will come back down to earth soon
WSU's first four HL games: three home games and @ Loyola.  They pulled out the 1 point victory at Loyola.  Next three for WSU: @ Valpo, @ Detroit, and @YSU.  Depending on which YSU team shows up, WSU could be 4-3 after this stretch.