• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Vote for Valpo !!

Started by talksalot, February 23, 2015, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: historyman on March 23, 2015, 08:44:57 AM
Quote from: agibson on March 22, 2015, 09:55:58 PMAnd Tevonn is through to the Final Four.  Maybe not yet open for voting?

Actually they put Cunningham of Samford through.

How did that happen?

Not very clear what happened.  I exchanged some tweets with the guy running the site, this morning, and Tevonn's back.

You think any Samford fans noticed? ;)

This, and the Peters hidden poll result business don't exactly instill confidence.  But? Hey, it is a ballot box stuffing contest. 

agibson

Don't know if the Peters thing was intentional, or not.  But, he's doing it deliberately this time for the POTY (not Tevonn's contest) final.

[tweet]580011907303768064[/tweet]

talksalot

tw - 81.5%....over MReed of BobbyMo...(20-15) ... losses to UNC, Georgetown, Clemson... and Youngstown)

Final Four: Monday March 23 @ 8:30am - Sunday March 29 @ 8:00pm

Mr. Reed's vs Tevonn

973 Minutes   920 Minutes
49% FG %     44.4%
41.3% 3PT %  34.2 %
33 of 80  3pt   27 of 79
77.9%   FT%     71/8%
102 of 131  FT   84 of 117
20      OR         37
68      DR        78
88       TR        115
73     Assists     57
90    TurnOvers     52
  1     Blocks        3
67   Steals       37
15.1   PPG      10.3

Where we may get him... their average home attendance:  1,106

agibson

Put up 22 points in 37 minutes against Duke.  Sounds like the kid can play.  Tough luck drawing a 16 seed, but great to have an NCAA win on your resumee.

Strength of schedule's a factor, of course.  Looks like their best win, part from in the NCAA, was RPI 127 ULM (recent addition to D1?) on a neutral court.

And, having also recently been bounced out of the tournament, his fan base may still be awake.

Support Tevonn!

historyman

Interesting how the website owner had Cunningham at first. We must have really surprised him with our vote totals on the last day, Sunday. We went from 44% to 55% in one day.

Here's the website address for voting for Tevonn.

http://www.collegecourtreport.com/ccr-mm-fr-poy.html
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Smj

For the final. ..  Would we rather have tevonn against Florida out S.carolina?

talksalot

TvW at 80.13 at 8:03am central today... Pour it ON!

agibson

Quote from: historyman on March 24, 2015, 12:36:40 AMInteresting how the website owner had Cunningham at first. We must have really surprised him with our vote totals on the last day, Sunday. We went from 44% to 55% in one day.

I wonder if it was just a typo or thinko on Monday morning.  I didn't get a very clear explanation from him on twitter.

On Sunday night he had actually already posted the bracket for the "final four", with Tevonn, but without links to polls.

And then Monday morning he revised it, removing Tevonn, with polls.  I inquired and he said something like "Yeah, I thought it was Tevonn, but when I checked it was the other guy."  But, I think he mis-checked.

Certainly the poll, still visible on polldaddy, Monday morning said Tevonn with a good margin.

Anyhow, I think he got it right in the end.  But, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.  Or make me look forward to a "blind" final.

Kyle321n

Tough to argue with this one right now. Tevonn has  83.94%
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

historyman

86.84% as of 8:40 p.m. 3/24/15, very good day for Tevonn.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

Quote from: agibson on March 23, 2015, 09:13:32 AMYou think any Samford fans noticed? ;)

At least one, apparently.  The comments on the poll are
Marilyn Wilson   - yesterday
Can I get a response please

What is going on with this poll? Christen Cunningham was on there this morning, what the heck happened?

And, I do feel for them.  Nothing was well explained, just changes made, deleted tweets, etc

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on March 24, 2015, 11:28:40 PM
Quote from: agibson on March 23, 2015, 09:13:32 AMYou think any Samford fans noticed? ;)

At least one, apparently.  The comments on the poll are
Can I get a response please

What is going on with this poll? Christen Cunningham was on there this morning, what the heck happened?

And, I do feel for them.  Nothing was well explained, just changes made, deleted tweets, etc

The explanation is that my cousin and I were able to out vote you and Sissy for the length of the whole day, okay, Marilyn? Take it like a man!!!!

talksalot

87.5 % as of 11am Wednesday.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: bbtds on March 25, 2015, 03:18:31 AMThe explanation is that my cousin and I were able to out vote you and Sissy for the length of the whole day, okay, Marilyn? Take it like a man!!!!
This made me chuckle.  Well done.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

Our opponent seems to have mounted the most modest of charges. Tevonn's "down" to 88.5%.

But, stay alert!  A few (dozen) votes wouldn't hurt.

Kyle321n

Right now a single vote will bump Tevonn up 0.03%. By my very limited math skills means there's over 3000 votes in right now and this also means that his opponent has less than 200 votes. He should be comfortably into the finals, but there's 3 days left.

bbtds

Quote from: Kyle321n on March 26, 2015, 10:43:40 AM
Right now a single vote will bump Tevonn up 0.03%. By my very limited math skills means there's over 3000 votes in right now and this also means that his opponent has less than 200 votes. He should be comfortably into the finals, but there's 3 days left.

I think you may be off on the number of votes you have calculated. When I just voted it took me 15 votes to move the percentage from 89.30 to 89.47. So most times I voted a single vote moved the percentage by .01%. I think I moved it from 88.80 to 89.47 as of 12:30 p.m. eastern. BTW, I noticed the clock on this poll is set for Eastern Standard Time (not daylight saving) so EST matches with CDT.

EDIT: In my next 25 votes, the amount I am allowed before the message says "we have already counted your vote," Tevonn's percentage moved from 89.47 to 89.74. So 25 votes moved it .27%

talksalot

my one vote took it to 89.75....

Looking at the other bracket... similar lead...

Jorge Sosa from Florida A&M is at 84.52... so Vote for Stephens!!

bbtds

My next 25 votes moved it from 89.75 to 90.01%. So 25 votes moved it .26%.

vu72

Quote from: bbtds on March 26, 2015, 12:52:23 PM

I guess I don't understand the process.  When I try to revote they tell me "thanks, your vote has already been counted".  What to do?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

Quote from: vu72 on March 26, 2015, 01:15:03 PMI guess I don't understand the process.  When I try to revote they tell me "thanks, your vote has already been counted".  What to do?

Different strategies can work.  I've got Google Chrome (not my standard web browser) sort of dedicated to the task.  There, I've just gone into Settings and turned cookies off.

This lets me vote a fair number of times.  Vote, reload the page, vote, reload the page.  (Or, in practice, I usually keep four tabs going sort of cyclically.)

If you vote _too_ often (maybe 30 or so in a row at my usual pace?), it'll still give you the "thanks" message, and force you to cool off a bit.  Maybe a few minute cooling off period?

I've not tried to automate the process - a stand somewhere between fuzzy ethics and laziness.

agibson

Quote from: talksalot on March 26, 2015, 12:11:10 PMLooking at the other bracket... similar lead...

Jorge Sosa from Florida A&M is at 84.52... so Vote for Stephens!!

I'm torn on the strategy here.

Do you want to try to defeat the guy with the strong natural base of support?

Or, perhaps, you want to _discourage_ people from getting involved.  Either let the guy win in a runaway, or even _help_ him win in a runaway, to make his support base complacent.

Not sure.

bbtds

Quote from: vu72 on March 26, 2015, 01:15:03 PM
Quote from: bbtds on March 26, 2015, 12:52:23 PM
I guess I don't understand the process.  When I try to revote they tell me "thanks, your vote has already been counted".  What to do?

Quote from: historyman on March 11, 2015, 12:16:01 AM
As a reminder if you would like to vote multiple times for Tevonn here is how to do that.

Right click on the web address above. Click on "Open link in incognito window"

Then vote for Tevonn in the usual way. Then click the website closed. Then repeat as many times as the website allows. When the website message is "Thank you, we have already counted your vote." you can then stop voting. You can go back after a few minutes and keep voting if you are so inclined.

Kyle321n

90.75% after my most recent vote.