• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Horizon League Championship -- Tuesday 6 pm CST

Started by humbleopinion, March 08, 2015, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frontrowfan

vu84v2

I disagree with changing the primary defensive strategy and would assume that Bryce will focus on the aggressive man-to-man defense that has been successful. Bryce has done a great job of switching to zone to change the pace several times during the season. A box and 1 (or diamond and 1) could be used to change the pace as well, but at this point I think it is best to stick with what you do best. Valpo has very good defensive guards.

hailcrusaders

Tevonn is warming up on the court and moving well.
#CrusadersForever

covufan

SanityLost17

Quote from: hailcrusaders on March 10, 2015, 05:21:29 PM
Tevonn is warming up on the court and moving well.

Can I hit "like" this 1 million times??? 

I am still very nervous, regardless on if he plays or not.  Both teams are talented and will represent the HL well in the NCAA tournament!   I hope both teams play excellent on national TV so that the committee will give the winner a deserving 12 seed.  Go Crusaders! 

valpotx

It would be huge if he can even play 10 minutes today...
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu84v2

This will be a gutty hard played game on both sides. I would expect both teams to not shoot well for the first ten minutes, but if one does it will have a big advantage.

Keys for Valpo: Vashil plays 25+ minutes, develop a second and third option from Peters on offense (need a 15+ point night from one of the Walkers or Carter), don't let Sykes get comfortable by strong man-on-man defense with help when he drives, make free throws down the stretch.

Valpo 61  GB 57

drewsaders11

Paul Oren just tweeted that Tevonn is starting

oklahomamick

They have double us up at 10-5.  They look more athletic than last time.  They are shooting better than last time. M
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Uwgb is tailed in.  They are playing their best bball. 
CRUSADERS!!!

vu84v2

Green Bay is playing very well. Tough task ahead.

oklahomamick

Our offensive sets have been bad.  Maybe push a little.
CRUSADERS!!!

vu84v2

Valpo has gotten away from running good offensive sets in the half court. Green Bay is playing very good defense, but Valpo needs to work the ball inside earlier in the shot clock.

oklahomamick

Hope we get 20 points before halftime.  Down by double digits haven't shot a free throw yet.
CRUSADERS!!!

vu84v2

Big high percentage shot baskets in the last minute. Probably fortunate to be down only 6 at half.

SanityLost17

We barely ran any offense in the 1st half.   WE LOOKED LIKE DETROIT OUT THERE!   

This is probably the result of both Walkers being out for extended periods of time and Peters being unable to hit a shot.  Nobody knows what to do, so they just aren't doing anything at all... 

oklahomamick

Peters forcing some shots.  Surely we will have a game plan to beat the zone.  Would be a bigger hole if not for Skara.  What is the most we have been down at half time?
CRUSADERS!!!

okinawatyphoon

Very rough half to watch....hopefully we keep the momentum coming into the second half.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

SanityLost17

Deer in the headlights from everyone, especially Peters.  I just don't see the momentum changing in this one.   

rink

I started watching midway through the 2nd, haven't seen Vashil at all? Hurt?

nkvu

Great turnaround in the second half to win going away!  Glenlivet 18!! Woo Hoo!!

vu84v2

Vashil was good all night, it was just that Adekoya was slashing and created a few baskets plus played good defense. Skara, Nickerson and Carter really stepped up. Fantastic defense in last 11:30...only allowed 5 points.

Smj

wow. ...  All I can say is wow.   Great second half.

govalpogo

Only saw the last 50 seconds because of CPE, but it was a happy watch.  :)  Sounds like the team overcame some adversity to bring home the victory as they seem to have done all year!  Kudos to the team on a great year and a well deserved championship!