• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

10/29/11: Hillsdale Game Thread

Started by vu72, October 24, 2011, 09:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuweathernerd

Quote from: milanmiracle on November 02, 2011, 12:58:32 PM
Quote from: valpopal on November 01, 2011, 06:15:36 PM
Quote from: milanmiracle on November 01, 2011, 03:54:43 PM
Quote from: wh on October 31, 2011, 06:43:11 PM
Two encouraging tidbits from the game that I don't recall anyone mentioning:

- Erik Buggs was 3-4 from the FT line.  His form was beautiful.  Limited arm motion, nice backspun, soft touch.  Someone has worked with him to completely recreate his shot.  Bear in mind that only one game last year did he shoot over 50% from the line.  Believe me when I say the hack-an-Eric days are over.  - Will Bogan went 0-4 from the field - all 3's - but I can tell this kid is a shooter.  He has good form and isn't afraid to shoot.  Once he missed 4 he seemed to back off as most new players would, but it would not surprise me to see him avg. 7-10 ppg.  As others have mentioned we have to get points from that position, and I'm sure Bryce is counting on Will to fill that need.

That's a pretty bold statement after one game preseason game...

Although I hedged with use of the word "possible," I made a similar note about observed improvement in my above commentary on the game: "also good was the possible evidence of improvement in Buggs' free throw shot." His free throws definitely looked more comfortable and more fluid than I remembered from last year.

Well that's a pretty big improvement. Allowing Buggs to be on the floor in tight games will certainly help...

true story. should certainly help our season outlook if it's true.