• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MVC Tournament Winning Probabilites

Started by Just Sayin, February 29, 2020, 06:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

From TeamRankings:

N. Iowa 38.7%
Loyola 18.2%
Bradley 13.7%
Ind. St. 9.8%
So. Ill. 4.0%
Valpo 5.9%
Miz. St. 6.0%
Drake 3.1%
Ill. St. 0.6%
Evansville 0.1%

crusadermoe

I would have rated NIU at 55%, Loyola 30% and split up the rest.   Those two stand above the others in my eyes.   Very consistent players and well coached.

Valpower

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 29, 2020, 11:35:56 AM
I would have rated NIU at 55%, Loyola 30% and split up the rest.   Those two stand above the others in my eyes.   Very consistent players and well coached.
I would rate NIU at 0%.  The Huskies are having a good season but there's no way they beat any of the MVC opponents in Arch Madness.  ;)

GoldenCrusader87

Nice to see UNI get some love on College Game Day this morning. Not sure if anyone else watched. I was multi-tasking and getting ready for the Valpo game. But, they were talking about UNI as an at-large and how they'd be a tough-out for Baylor (as an example). That's what we need ... the MVC to be a 2-bid league again.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 29, 2020, 11:35:56 AM

Northern Iowa is abbreviated as UNI University of NORTHERN IOWA

Evansville is abbreviated as UE (The University of Evansville) NOT EU

Regardless of whether it is intended or not fans of these schools interpret these instances of mislabeling as disrespect and I don't blame them. Just like how you should spell players' names correctly you should abbreviate and spell schools and school nicknames correctly as well. It's just simple respect and doesn't take much time effort or research.

4throwfan

The fun thing about college basketball tournaments is that they rarely go the way they're supposed to go.

Glad they actually play the games.

oklahomamick

What is the furthest a #7 seed has gone in the MVC? 

Would have been nice to get that NET tiebreaker and avoid Thursday. 
CRUSADERS!!!