• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Indiana St vs Valpo 2/27 5pm cst

Started by humbleopinion, February 27, 2021, 08:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

In hopes of putting the memory of last night's game behind us, here's the thread for tonight's game.

Given the consistency of this team over the season, I choose to believe that we will make shots this game, and, with some help from Missouri State, we will be able to avoid Thursday.

I'm sure the coaches will have a game plan adjustment for a team playing without Key.
Beamin' Beacons

Valpofamfan

well after a similar first couple minutes it's been a much better first quarter of the game

VALPO LI

Quote from: Valpofamfan on February 27, 2021, 05:23:54 PM
well after a similar first couple minutes it's been a much better first quarter of the game
Valpo looks like an entirely different team tonight....then again so does Indiana St. 
Shine on Vu

valpotx

Indiana State is just carrying over their crappy second half shooting from yesterday, into today's game.  We were just very bad yesterday, ISUb was not good.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

It's unfortunate to see how Mileek's physical issues have caused him to look like FR & SO Mileek, and not the solid JR year Mileek. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Zion, get the f'ing ball past half court before 8 seconds!  Way too close the last 3 times.
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpofamfan

I really hope we don't throw this away. I'm getting nervous.

hailcrusaders

We did this thing back in the Drew days when we'd take the air out of the ball wayyy too early and are left taking (and missing) low percentage shots late in the clock, while the other team manages to work their way back in it. (I seem to remember a blown 6 pt lead w under 2 min left vs. Wright State.) And I'm worried that we're doing that again now.

Doesn't help that the refs are blowing whistles on absolutely everything.
#CrusadersForever

Valpofamfan

valpotx

THAT WAS ON YOU, OREN! :)  Another showtime dunk when we just need the points to ice the game, and when it is beyond Krikke's athletic capability. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

CPkValpoFan

You really have to love JO's game.   Not only does he has a beautiful touch wherever he shoots but he has a nose for the basketball.  When he adds some more muscle, he will be a great offensive rebounder.  Hope he is another Alec Peters,

bbtds

Quote from: VALPO LI on February 27, 2021, 05:39:59 PM
Quote from: Valpofamfan on February 27, 2021, 05:23:54 PM
Valpo looks like an entirely different team tonight....then again so does Indiana St. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks02alWbpvk

nkvu

Missed the first half but even though my watching the second half caused them to give up some of their lead, they had enough to win it. Great game from JO. So we finish with a losing record in conference but avoid the Thursday game?  I am both disappointed and pleased?  Weird.

valpotx

To be fair to this year's team, thank you for keeping our .500 and above home record going!  That is something that should never end.
"Don't mess with Texas"

AB

Zion Morgan???????? Who saw that coming the second half of the year.

nkvu

Quote from: AB on February 27, 2021, 09:23:47 PM
Zion Morgan???????? Who saw that coming the second half of the year.
Not me for sure. Will he be back next year?  He could be a stabilizing influence at point for the freshman point guard coming in if he does come back.

M

Did Clay get hurt? I only saw the box score and he did about as I did in the game. At least he'll be fresh for the next one (assuming he's actually not hurt).

valpotx

Clay had 2 quick fouls in the first 3 minutes, and sat out the rest of the first half.  It was most likely a combination of the fouls, but also that everyone else was clicking together.  He then picked up a quick third foul in the first moments of the second half, limiting his time until deep into the second half. 

Even though he has gotten so much better, doesn't everyone still cringe when Zion shoots the ball?  I don't know if it is the form on his shot, or that he throws up massive rainbow shots, but it always scares the crap out of me, even though I now know that he has a good chance of being around the rim.  It's the opposite of when Sackey shoots, and I KNOW that the ball is going to miss the rim and hit the underside of the backboard, outside of a rare lucky shot :).  Sackey needs to work on a different shot motion this summer.  Definitely not a shot expert, but it seems that his jump causes some type of mistiming with what his arms are doing.  It wasn't this bad in prior seasons.
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Great overall performance and the Good news is Goodnews!  What a game.  I like that Zion is taking Sackey's minutes. He is a matchup problem and his length makes him a great defender as well.  It all depends on which Valpo team shows up.  If the right one comes to St. Louis anything could happen.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VALPO LI

Quote from: vu72 on February 28, 2021, 08:43:09 AM
Great overall performance and the Good news is Goodnews!  What a game.  I like that Zion is taking Sackey's minutes. He is a matchup problem and his length makes him a great defender as well.  It all depends on which Valpo team shows up.  If the right one comes to St. Louis anything could happen.

Awesome to see Valpo turn around from a dismal performance the night before and beat an instate rival to avoid Thursday!!! I really hope this energy transfers over to Friday night in St. Louis.

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/college/valparaiso-university/reserves-help-valparaiso-clinch-arch-madness-bye/article_6c7f0c40-9543-547e-9adc-f4f0d415a1ee.html
Shine on Vu