• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 1 Indiana Wesleyan 09/03

Started by valpofb16, August 26, 2022, 08:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD24

While no one is asking for Fox to be coach of the year, it's idiotic to be criticizing the job he's done since he's been here. I know there's some sort of internet tough guy rejoinder to this opinion but, at the very least, what's been posted negatively is premature.

PFL records under Fox

1-7
4-2
4-4

Prior to Fox

2-6
5-3
3-5
1-7
2-6

1-7
1-7

valpofb16

Dayton up in the 4th on Robert Morris
Georgetown handing it to Marist
Butler down 14-3 to Tommies in the 3rd
14-7 Jacksonville State ahead on Davidson

valpo64

VUsupport:  If you are so fed up with the VU program and have nothing positive to say among all the cheap shots you bring to this table, why do you waste your time making these comments on this Board.  I wonder what you have to say about your playing days and the program at the D-1 program or which you were a part.

valpofb16

Dayton takes scholarship Robert Morris down. Butler coming back vs. Saint Thomas.

2 wins from last season appear much improved

My bad. This is Saint Thomas D3 not Saint Thomas PFL disregard

usc4valpo

Fox is doing a decent job getting players and getting Valpo in the right direction. No way he's on the hot seat. He's no Carlson.

valpofb16

Those are the best two throws I've seen a Valpo QB make Hoffman included.

valpotx

Hoffman is your benchmark?  It sounds like you weren't around for Macchi?  Macchi puts Hoffman to shame.

Regardless, I like Fox, and I liked the direction that he was taking the program, even prior to where this game sits after 3 quarters.  Our defense was atrocious prior to Fox, where we were routinely blown out against teams that we either beat or barely lose to now. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpoguy

What happened to Appel? I may have missed it, but the broadcast doesn't seem to be saying anything.

valpofb16

OC put in Kaplan up 17-3 instead of putting them away unless Appel is hurt.

Turner just went down huge huge huge loss. Annis , Hines , Mekky all did not play at LB

valpotx

The announcers hinted that Appel might be having shoulder problems, based on their observations
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpoguy

That's a shame. The kid looked good.

valpotx

How do the other refs not go talk to the linesmen who blew that catch?  Things like that get sent to an NCAA officiating committee, right?  That is terrible
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpofb16

Great win for Fox & company that is a very good NAIA team that will give teams fits.

Thoughts:

O:
-from a limited sample size. Offense has different ceiling with Appel & Kaplan
- Dawson is closer to Washington than Orekoya
- OL is best they have looked in Fox era
- Deep at TE

D:
- won this game without two projected starters at LB
- Deep at corner Franco and Rao played great. Turner is a real dude.
- Defensive line bullied IWU in the run game.

Good team win enjoy. On to the next one

Hopefully pays off in recruiting. Lost some guys to IWU

Valpoguy

Bartholomew negated the blown call with an amazing kick. Great win!

valpotx

Great win, congrats all around.  Dawson seems to not be too much of a drop-off from Washington, and if Appel can stay healthy, he needs to be QB1 without rotation, in games that matter. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

David81

I know it's just one game against a non-DI opponent, but in past disappointing seasons, this is the kind of game VU might've lost, maybe embarrassingly so.

And now there's reason for genuine optimism at the QB and RB positions.

This could be a fun season.

valpofb16

IWU smacked Marian last year and beat Saint Francis. Most likely they are a top 4-5 team in PFL.

Would put this right up there with 2020 San Diego as Fox's best win.

Pgmado

Players were cramping left and right. Turner is fine.

valpotx

I have to give props to the crowd, as well.  It has been a while since we have seen that many folks on both sides of the field.  Harkening back to my days on campus, outside of the Butler game here and there.
"Don't mess with Texas"

chef

Maybe the best crowd in both total attendance and enthusiasm in over 30 years. Definitely appeared to be a shoulder that sidelined Appel in the second half. It was mentioned multiple times.

valpo tundra

This was the best game day atmosphere in years for Valpo Football. The parents tailgate section was packed and lively long before gametime and the new community tailgate lot was a nice addition. If the two were combined, it would have been quite a deal. I also thought the total attendance would have been the best in years but several, mostly Homecoming games, the past ten years have had a much bigger total. The difference tonight was that the entire crowd was into the game and watching the whole time. The engaged fans were helped by a competitive, fun game. Quarterbacks were athletic, Punter was pro-like, and both lines excelled. Let's do it!

vu72

Never happy VUSupport probably didn't watch the game last night.  What a great atmosphere and great win!  Clearly Coach Fox had the team ready. I would have guessed more than 3240 at the game but still, that's more than the basketball team has been drawing.  And somebody said that it wouldn't be a very good draw because Ohio State and Notre Dame were playing at the same time might have forgotten about these fancy recording devices!  How was the pre-game new stuff?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

VUSupport is a troll.

I am so glad Valpo has provided a better game experience which was well overdue. also, congrats to Fox and the Beacos for starting the season with a nice win.

historyman

Quote from: VUSupport on September 02, 2022, 04:54:17 AM
I have no confidence in Fox or this team. Landon has to be in hot seat unless he can finish with 7 wins and be in the top half of the PFL. His arrogance is DI, but unfortunately his mind and skill set is that of a glorified HS coach. Hate to be a Debbie Downer but I just have no confidence in this staff of making this program relevant any time soon.

Let's have you evaluate the MBB team too. Can it hurt?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

Quote from: valpofb16 on September 03, 2022, 02:23:14 PMMy bad. This is Saint Thomas D3 not Saint Thomas PFL disregard

I think the Butler publicity dept was hoping you would make that mistake and there is no reason to correct it. The (under)Bulldogs notch one over St Thomas.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann