• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

"Nate the Great"

Started by KL31NY, November 22, 2011, 03:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL31NY

As mentioned by sectionee on the IUK Game Thread, senior walk-on Nathan Stegelmann is officially a full member of the team. He even has a roster bio (currently blank at last check) on the athletics site that can be found here: http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/roster/

Freshman walk-on Griffyn Carpenter also was just added to the page. Congrats to both, but especially to Nate who I've been familiar with since our early days on campus. Wonder how much we'll see of them in Columbus. Love me some walk-ons!

PS: The title comes from a nickname of another friend of mine named Nathan. Just a fun rhyming nickname.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpopal

Nice to see Griff and Nate rewarded with placement on the season roster, and I hope they get a lot of playing time this year, especially since that would most likely indicate big wins.

Also, it is interesting to see that Griff is 6' 1" 220 lbs. while Nate is 6' 6" 225 lbs. Griff looks solid on the court, which fools one into thinking he may not be too agile, but he seemed to move fairly well. Still, it is a bit disconcerting to note Richie Edwards at 6' 7" and Vashil Fernandez at 6' 10" are listed at the same weight as Griff.

historyman

Quote from: valpopal on November 22, 2011, 03:38:18 PM
I hope they get a lot of playing time this year, especially since that would most likely indicate big wins.

Or big losses......on the other hand except for Ohio State I don't think the potential for big losses is really apparent for this season.

Crusader03

Quote from: KL31NY on November 22, 2011, 03:21:04 PM
As mentioned by sectionee on the IUK Game Thread, senior walk-on Nathan Stegelmann is officially a full member of the team. He even has a roster bio (currently blank at last check) on the athletics site that can be found here: http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/roster/

Freshman walk-on Griffyn Carpenter also was just added to the page. Congrats to both, but especially to Nate who I've been familiar with since our early days on campus. Wonder how much we'll see of them in Columbus. Love me some walk-ons!

PS: The title comes from a nickname of another friend of mine named Nathan. Just a fun rhyming nickname.

I really like this...maybe this should be his official NN(nickname)?