• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Visited Thread Colors

Started by valporun, March 15, 2011, 02:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valporun

Is there a way to change the font color for threads with multiple pages, so that you know which pages you've viewed? I don't really want to have to guess which page I left off on, if I happen to be gone for a few days, or if the thread didn't have new posts to it for a few days before someone adds to it.

agibson

Ooh - that's a good one!  Would be nice, if possible.

I guess there's probably some solution in terms of the "Show unread posts since last visit" option, which I haven't really tried.

But, it's not quite what you're asking for.

StlVUFan

Quote from: valporun on March 15, 2011, 02:56:47 PM
Is there a way to change the font color for threads with multiple pages, so that you know which pages you've viewed? I don't really want to have to guess which page I left off on, if I happen to be gone for a few days, or if the thread didn't have new posts to it for a few days before someone adds to it.

I just click on the "new" icon next to each thread and it takes me right to the first post in the thread that I have yet to read.

valpo04

Quote from: valporun on March 15, 2011, 02:56:47 PM

As mentioned by agibson and StlVUFan, there are ways to go to unread posts in threads.  To view all unread simply click either "Show unread posts since last visit" or
"Show new replies to your posts" under the "Hello ____" banner.

I did change the colors of the visited/non-visited links though to match what we had at the old board, so that should be what you are looking for.

valporun

Thanks! That works. I usually click on the thread group that has new posts, then look at what threads have new entries, but if I've been gone for awhile, I won't always remember what page of a thread I was on, or if a new page was added to a thread, I will go back one page and hopefully find where I left off. I just liked have the different font color for pages viewed to pages yet to be viewed.