• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

12/10/11: Bowling Green Game Thread

Started by DMvalpo18, December 08, 2011, 10:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sectionee

Harris was injured too apparently.  Haven't seen anything on him yet.

valpofan56

Quote from: Valpo925 on December 10, 2011, 10:37:49 PM
Buggs just tweeted "Knee is fine, just hyperextended... Nothing serious!!" Glad to hear he will be ok!

Awesome news!

valporun

Quote from: valpofan56 on December 10, 2011, 10:27:48 PM
Speaking of Buggs, has anybody heard anything yet?

Bryce said in the postgame presser that Buggs sprained his knee, and they would go for tests to find out more tomorrow. I will guess, unless someone posts it on the Times website, we'll know more on Monday morning.

johnestuff

Quote from: valpotx on December 10, 2011, 10:27:27 PM
Good game, and glad we held on after giving up the lead.  Had me worried for quite awhile in the second half, but I will take worry with a W!!

We need to play Vucic in our conference games.  Even though he didn't score much, in games where Edwards struggles, Vucic needs to play so Richie can learn that over-aggressive shooting can get him put on the bench so he takes more quality shots.

Over aggressive shooting? 2 of 4 from the floor doesn't sound like over aggressive to me!

DMvalpo18

Quote from: sectionee on December 10, 2011, 10:01:11 PM
Rowdy had a great first half and Jay carried us in the second.  http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/12/game-wrap-up-dunk-of-year-goes-to.html

56, I'm not a real good speller.  Sorry I got offended there, thats not like me!

i'm fairly good with grammar. i can police your work. haha

valporun

Quote from: johnestuff on December 10, 2011, 10:42:57 PM
Good game, and glad we held on after giving up the lead.  Had me worried for quite awhile in the second half, but I will take worry with a W!!

We need to play Vucic in our conference games.  Even though he didn't score much, in games where Edwards struggles, Vucic needs to play so Richie can learn that over-aggressive shooting can get him put on the bench so he takes more quality shots.

Over aggressive shooting? 2 of 4 from the floor doesn't sound like over aggressive to me!

Was Richie putting his shot up too hard, so they were clanking off the backboard or rim, and not falling, or was it the missed bunnies that plague our entire team at various points?

valpopal

A good team win. If you told me before the game that Buggs would be injured, unable to play the second half, and Broekhoff wouldn't get a field goal attempt the whole second half, I wouldn't have given us much of a chance.

valpotx

Quote from: johnestuff on December 10, 2011, 10:42:57 PM

I wasn't necessarily speaking about this game, just in general.  I really think Vucic should have seen some time against IPFW with their big guy scoring, and Richie was throwing up some bricks that game.  Then again, I don't know if someone already explained something about why he didn't play against IPFW when they had a bigger/slower guy too.
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: chairback on December 10, 2011, 10:01:23 PMBack to basketball.....who gives a crap about misspelled words.

misspelins navar baathar mee att aull eethar  Gude graymar arr knot empourtent  hoo kneads punkyouashun inn a centense  jest keepp onn
tiping thoze werds......

sectionee

Here are my Player Productivity Scores from last night's game.  The scores are pretty close which would indicate a close game.  http://sectionee.blogspot.com/2011/12/pps-1210.html

chairback

Interestng the guy with the negative PPS on bowling green was the same who had the technical called on him.  To me he cost them the game once he slammed the ball down and got the T.

wh

In an earlier post someone mentioned that Jay Harris should be getting more minutes and Will Bogan less.  In Will's defense he was forced to guard BG's point guard for much of the game after Erik got hurt.  That guy has blazing speed and even Erik had a tough time staying up with him.  Plus they constantly set hard picks (moving picks I might add) out front that Will had to fight through.  The only purpose of those picks was to give their PG a half step on his defender so he could drive to the hoop, stop and pop, or dish to one of their bigs, depending on how the defense reacted.  Everything they did on offense went through that guy.  Will never gave in trying to stop him, but no doubt he had to be extremely fatigued.  Had Jay been assigned to chase that guy all over the place possession after possession, I doubt if he would have had the legs to hit the important shots he hit. Just a thought...