• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

look-a-likes

Started by CruiseAider, February 23, 2012, 09:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CruiseAider

Hey guys, I usually just read, but I saw this on the butler message board and thought some of you might get a laugh out of it.  have we ever done anything like this?

http://buhoops.yuku.com/topic/8459/Valpo-Look-a-likes-Take-Two

Otherwise, we need to stop all of their talk about their next great tournament run  :thumbsup:

MattCarter

The two greatest things on earth?  Short hair cuts and Valpo Victories!

MattCarter

Skippy from Family Ties

MattCarter

Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air

KL31NY

Quote from: CruiseAider on February 23, 2012, 09:59:52 AM
Hey guys, I usually just read, but I saw this on the butler message board and thought some of you might get a laugh out of it.  have we ever done anything like this?

buhoops.yuku.com/topic/8459/Valpo-Look-a-likes-Take-Two

Otherwise, we need to stop all of their talk about their next great tournament run  :thumbsup:

Just gave it a peek. Very amusing. I was impressed that they included Sherry in the mix as well. I think if someone wanted to take the time, that would be a fun thing to do here occasionally... and it appears that MC is off and running now
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

valpo04

Quote from: CruiseAider on February 23, 2012, 09:59:52 AM

http://buhoops.yuku.com/topic/8459/Valpo-Look-a-likes-Take-Two

We have a 5 post minimum for new folks to post links, but I edited it to make it live.  Welcome aboard CruiseAider!  Don't be shy!

MattCarter

Lenny (on left) from Of Mice And Men

historyman

Here are the first set of Bobby Thong's Valpo look-a-likes on the Butler Board.

http://buhoops.yuku.com/topic/8116/Valpo-Look-a-likes-Part-One

covufan

KVW and Susan Boyle made me laugh as well.  The Matt Kenney and Bryce comparisons were pretty good as well.

staxawax

I have long suspected Bobby Thong either uses a website or software to come up with these.... he sometimes has to do a new batch in 36 hours between games.  Even though they are quite comical, there are always a few in every batch that are DEAD ON..... it's just unbelievable.  Just goes to show the old saying that we all have an identical twin somewhere in the world. 

He doesn't do this to make fun of Butler's opponents, just make light of things and take a little edge off of sometimes an over-reactive board.  I'm sure he could do quite a number on the Butler roster and coaching staff if he so chose.

wh

Quote from: staxawax on February 23, 2012, 08:23:43 PM
I have long suspected Bobby Thong either uses a website or software to come up with these.... he sometimes has to do a new batch in 36 hours between games.  Even though they are quite comical, there are always a few in every batch that are DEAD ON..... it's just unbelievable.  Just goes to show the old saying that we all have an identical twin somewhere in the world. 

He doesn't do this to make fun of Butler's opponents, just make light of things and take a little edge off of sometimes an over-reactive board.  I'm sure he could do quite a number on the Butler roster and coaching staff if he so chose.

His look-a-likes are hilarious.  I look forward to them every time Butler and Valpo play.  Speaking of dead-on, how about the Ryan Broekhoff/John Lennon comparison?  Being from Australia Ryan probably has British roots.  Who knows?  :)

Crusader03

A couple I came up with...

Coach Kirby

Coach Freeman

DMvalpo18

rink

No one looks as much like Carlton as Jordan Taylor does.

Valpo89

I'm not sure how to post photos, but you should have put Kirby with Blackhawks coach Quenneville.

Crusader03

Quote from: Valpo89 on February 24, 2012, 09:49:53 AM
I'm not sure how to post photos, but you should have put Kirby with Blackhawks coach Quenneville.

Ok, I can try to do that later, but I already posted his look-a-like.