• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Lunardi as of today

Started by milldew72, March 11, 2013, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoHoops

They try to follow the rules just like the committee does. That way their bracket can be as accurate as possible.

And, yes, rematches is a rule.

ESPN used to have a quick writeup each bracket, but that seems to have gone away...

valpotx

That would be ridiculous if Davidson received a 12 seed.  They are below us in many categories, as someone else pointed out.  Maybe their recent success over the last few years buys them a seed or two?
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpocleveland

Quote from: valpotx on March 12, 2013, 01:52:06 PM
That would be ridiculous if Davidson received a 12 seed.  They are below us in many categories, as someone else pointed out.  Maybe their recent success over the last few years buys them a seed or two?

This fires me up. Best win is at Richmond (82 in RPI). Just because you lost to Duke and Gonzaga does not mean you get a higher seed. Valpo has very similar resume (both lost to New Mexico) but much harder conference.

milanmiracle

Quote from: valpocleveland on March 12, 2013, 04:00:27 PM
Quote from: valpotx on March 12, 2013, 01:52:06 PM

This fires me up. Best win is at Richmond (82 in RPI). Just because you lost to Duke and Gonzaga does not mean you get a higher seed. Valpo has very similar resume (both lost to New Mexico) but much harder conference.

Since they're basically equal in RPI, I like Davidson's resume better than Valpo's. Davidson beat two BCS teams and a conference champ. If Montana wins their tournament they Davidson will at least have played and beaten an NCAA tournament team. Valpo...not so much. Davidson's conference is worse than Valpo's, but that's about the only edge VU has.

"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

agibson

Huh.  To me Valpo looked better in basically every way.
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=1318.msg28832#msg28832
But, you're right, Davidson has more BCS wins and maybe more wins over soon-to-be NCAA teams.

Kudos to them for catching West Virginia and Vanderbit on a neutral court.  Nebraska's quite plausibly better than either (I know, I know).  Detroit too.

Montana was playing in Davidson - and "happens to be the best team in a bad conference" seems like a pretty thin bona fide.

milanmiracle

Quote from: agibson on March 12, 2013, 07:13:11 PM
Huh.  To me Valpo looked better in basically every way.
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=1318.msg28832#msg28832
But, you're right, Davidson has more BCS wins and maybe more wins over soon-to-be NCAA teams.

Kudos to them for catching West Virginia and Vanderbit on a neutral court.  Nebraska's quite plausibly better than either (I know, I know).  Detroit too.

Montana was playing in Davidson - and "happens to be the best team in a bad conference" seems like a pretty thin bona fide.

And just to clarify, I have seen Davidson more than once, and Valpo is the better team. On paper if you told me to seed one over the other, I am picking Davidson.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado