• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Drake is Ranked in Top 25

Started by vu84v2, February 01, 2021, 02:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu84v2

New rankings have Drake as #25 in AP and Coaches Poll. Loyola is just a few spots out of the Top 25. Good for the conference.

And Valpo now hosts a Top 25 team on consecutive days...I am sure that is a first.

justducky

Quote from: vu84v2 on February 01, 2021, 02:21:43 PM
New rankings have Drake as #25 in AP and Coaches Poll. Loyola is just a few spots out of the Top 25. Good for the conference.

And Valpo now hosts a Top 25 team on consecutive days...I am sure that is a first.

Sag                KP              NET                 ESPN Power Index
Loyola      49                   16              16                      17
Drake.     61                   61               13                      51

usc4valpo

DeVries will not be around for much longer. I wonder if DePaul will be looking at him to replace last place Leiteo.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 01, 2021, 06:20:37 PMDeVries will not be around for much longer. I wonder if DePaul will be looking at him to replace last place Leiteo.

I understand DeVries has Big East connections as well. Another carrot for a potential school to consider is that his son was like a top 60 or so recruit who obviously wants to play for his father. Getting DeVries would also probably mean another high quality recruit as a package. That has to be attractive. I'm sure bigger schools will be coming after him hard especially if Drake continues to do well. I hope he stays but I hope they have a lot of success this year before he goes if he's going to leave.