• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

We Need A Digital Ticket Exchange

Started by NativeCheesehead, January 05, 2023, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NativeCheesehead

We need a digital ticket exchange.

I have been wanting to take my 78 year old father to a game this year. He doesn't need handicapped seating but does need a chairback seat with good sightlines, so most of G,H, & I would work. But between my work schedule and him having days he doesn't feel very good I often have to wait until just a few hours before game time to grab tickets. I checked online and called the ticket office twice, once my call was not answered and once I talked to a student who was very nice but had no idea what was going on. There were no tickets that would have worked for him and we were forced to watch the game at home. Imagine my surprise to see hundreds of empty seats in the sections that would have been great for him.

Admittedly this is partially my fault, I did not renew my season tickets because I didn't want to pay $1,000+ for a poorly coached team and a rapidly declining game day experience. And this isn't the fault of the ticketholders, they paid for the tickets and they can do whatever they want with them. But there is no good way for ticket holders to resell their tickets. TickPick seems to be the only site with some reselling and it's only a few tickets that are more expensive than buying them directly from the school.

I have a couple of good friends who are Cubs season ticket holders, and if they decide not to go to a game, even last minute, it takes but a few clicks on their phone to put up their tickets and make part or all of the cost for that game back. I realize we don't have the resources of a major sports team but it seems silly Vu still uses paper tickets for their season ticket holders.

Just one more way Dr. Small is going to need to drag this program into the 21st century.

elephtheria47

We have ND season tickets. Very similar. In our ticket account, there is a link to click on to sell your tickets for the game you cant use. It takes you into Stubhub and that game, and you set the price you want to sell them. Once they sell, theyre automatically transferred to the purchaser with no work done by me.

2 clicks is it. Very convenient.