• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Victory Bell: The Podcast

Started by VALPO LI, September 23, 2022, 01:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VALPO LI

The Victory Bell at Valparaiso University rings and finally after a 9 month hiatus we get to hear Paul Oren on his own Podcast again!  Sign up and listen!  This is great to have Paul back talking all sports Valpo!!!!!!!
Shine on Vu

vu72

Great stuff and fascinating interview! Same exciting things hopefully happening!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VALPO LI

Luke Gore on The Victory Bell: The Podcast!!!
Paul and Luke go down the list and talk about the Beacon non conference basketball schedule.  Sign up and listen it's a great interview that I look forward hearing every year!!!
Shine on Vu

Pgmado

Honest question. Just released a podcast on VU football.

1) Did you normally listen to Union Street Hoops?

2) If yes, are you interested in more podcast content than just Valpo men's basketball?

3) If no to either question, any reason?

VALPO LI

Quote from: Pgmado on October 13, 2022, 12:50:18 PM

Yes loved it.
2) If yes, are you interested in more podcast content than just Valpo men's basketball?
Good question.   My interests as a fan is Valpo Basketball first!  Would I selectively tune in to a Football/Soccer/Volleyball/Swimming podcast?...sure.  But would those other sports take away from men's basketball air time? If so I would be inclined to say no, I would be more interested in listening to just men's basketball podcasts.
Would love to hear more interviews with players, coaches, fans, anything Valpo basketball.  One of my favorite ones was on the Amtrak train to St. Louis (brilliant).

Shine on Vu

vu72

absolutely loved it!  Please keep it up!  There are so many stories in the Naked City...hold on, I'm showing my age again... ???
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

IndyValpo

1) Did you normally listen to Union Street Hoops? Yes

2) If yes, are you interested in more podcast content than just Valpo men's basketball? Yes

AB

Clear this is the best head football coach we've had in some time. Very good tactician on offense. Imagine becoming the class of the PFL and making the playoffs?

FWalum

Absolutely
You bet I am.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valporun

I loved listening to Union Street Hoops. In terms of podcasts about the non-football and basketball sports, I would listen to hear updates on things are going, but don't think we'll need long podcasts devoted to one specific "Olympic" sport. The occasional interview with the head coach getting closer to the championship portion of the schedule would be good.

Dr. T

I, too, was a regular listener when Paul was still doing the Union Street Hoops podcast. I wasn't aware of this new podcast. Now that I am aware, I'm subscribing. Personally, I am not interested in any Valpo sports apart from MBB.

covufan

Quote from: valporun on December 30, 2022, 03:12:23 PM
I loved listening to Union Street Hoops. In terms of podcasts about the non-football and basketball sports, I would listen to hear updates on things are going, but don't think we'll need long podcasts devoted to one specific "Olympic" sport. The occasional interview with the head coach getting closer to the championship portion of the schedule would be good.
Will the season ending podcast come out prior to the firing, or after. Maybe chef can provide odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk