• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Softball 2013-2014

Started by valpopal, September 29, 2013, 06:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

The softball team opened the 2013-2014 home schedule winning a pair of games in a doubleheader against Grand Valley State today. Unfortunately, those are the only home games scheduled for the fall. As can be seen in my photo below, the Valpo players wore special pink uniforms in honor of breast cancer awareness.

valpotx

It should be another good season for the softball team, with a lot of key players returning!
"Don't mess with Texas"

new2ff

How did they do in the first tourney at Il State? I think there was 2 or 3 D-1 schools in it & one pretty good NAIA team.

valpopal

I have now posted 21 photos from softball's play yesterday against Grand Valley State, including the important one below, at the following link for everyone to check out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96208998@N05/sets/72157636054354336/

new2ff

Quote from: valpotx on September 30, 2013, 12:26:08 PM
It should be another good season for the softball team, with a lot of key players returning!
Was told they went 1-3. Did anyone go & who did we play. Tried to find results & can't without knowing teams.

new2ff

Quote from: new2ff on September 30, 2013, 06:42:54 PM
How did they do in the first tourney at Il State? I think there was 2 or 3 D-1 schools in it & one pretty good NAIA team.
Someone reported on 2 wins against GV State, but how about the games at the Il State tourney. I see ISU beat us 7-0, but we played 3 other games? And how about today, I see on Northwestern site that we are to play Northwestern & DePaul. Any scores, would like to know how they show against some good D-1 schools....anyone?

They should be favs to win Horizon, especially with good Loyola team to MVC.

valpopal

Valpo lost on the road to both DePaul (6-3) and Northwestern (3-0) today.

new2ff

Quote from: valpopal on October 06, 2013, 06:05:12 PM
Valpo lost on the road to both DePaul (6-3) and Northwestern (3-0) today.
Thanks, Not for sure how DePaul is suppose to be this year, they are playing in a revamped Big East that is not as strong as used to be, still not bad 6-3.
Northwestern should have a very good team this year, especially when their ace is on the mound.
Il State, who I mentioned beat Valpo earlier will contend for the MVC title this year, so all & all, played pretty good this fall versus some good competition & probably ended up around 4-4 ?