• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VU Football @ Campbell

Started by VULB#62, October 30, 2012, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

FWIW   It looks like there is a live video stream of the game from Barker-Lane stadium starting at 12:20 Eastern Time.  Don't know if it's free or if you have to subscribe.  Here is the link to the Campbell live event's page on their website.  I will give it a try for at least the 1st quarter --  every game has pretty much been settled by then.

http://www.bigsouthsports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&&&&DB_OEM_ID=4800

historyman

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 03, 2012, 09:06:13 AMDon't know if it's free or if you have to subscribe.  Here is the link to the Campbell live event's page on their website.  I will give it a try for at least the 1st quarter --  every game has pretty much been settled by then.

FB: Valparaiso at Campbell, 11/3/12, 1pm

$5.95
Onetime Payment
More Info

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VULB#62

Geez, then I better watch the whole game.

usc4valpo

Pay per view for the Sagarin bowl?

milanmiracle

No way I am paying $6 to watch the toilet bowl. Haha
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

usc4valpo

I t should be the other way around - we should be compensated $6, enough for a six pack

KL31NY

14-0 Campbell, 4:07 left in 1st; Campbell took the kickoff and got a touchdown drive, Valpo drive dies in the red zone on a fumble during a sack that was returned for a TD. Between that and Presto Sports live stats, this is unbearable
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

VULB#62

The O looked pretty good (considering the opposition) until that fumble.  I am watching the live feed.  The D is not playing too tough.  The next drive after the 2nd TD -- 3 and out  :(

Hudson running well though.  They are running more like they did against Drake.

VULB#62

Nice catch on a lob toward the right sideline over a defender by Hoffman for a TD  (14-7)

usc4valpo

21-7 Camels.  Campbell is a teamthey should beat. The defense is brutal and Hudson is playing his heart out.

VULB#62

Gerton just went down with a right knee injury -- doesn't look good.

VULB#62

Hoffman to Summerville -TD.  That fumble for a TD is a killer so far.  PAT MISSED!  Could come back to haunt.

Seems like I am stuck at 543 posts.  Actually seems like everyone is stuck.

Held Campbell; forced a punt; and then held on the return (5th penalty in first half).

milanmiracle

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 03, 2012, 12:52:43 PM
Hoffman to Summerville -TD.  That fumble for a TD is a killer so far.  PAT MISSED!  Could come back to haunt.

Seems like I am stuck at 543 posts.

Hmm...maybe they lost the kicker intentionally?
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

milanmiracle

21-13 at half. The Toilet Bowl is going about as I expected it...for the two worst teams in D1 football. The kicker made it onto the field, but alas, he missed an extra point. Maybe they lost the kicker intentionally last time? Could an extra point be the difference between a win and loss? Let's hope not.

usc4valpo

Will Carlson get tenure if Valpo can pull this one off?

VULB#62

In the 3rd -- Hudson has 140 yards rushing.  Hoffman is 16 for 18 so far.
Hudson TD Long one!  62 yards!

27-21 Valpo  If this holds COVUFAN wins the pool.

That's the score at the end of the 3rd.  Let's see if this team has it in itself to hold onto this lead.

VULB#62

Hudson for 30.

Summerville for 20.

Hudson TD from  5!

34-21 VU 11:40  left.

Valpo was 21 -7 at one point.

IndyValpo

The offense definitely likes Campbell. Defense hang on for 11 more minutes!!

IndyValpo

Roughing the kicker in a situation where no rush is necessary.....stupid penalty

VULB#62

So what do they do?  "Violated the leaping rule" on a terrible punt  1 -10 for Campbell.  Sheesh!

Dodged that one -- 4th down incomplete gives the ball back to VU.

Wood's punt fumbled by Campbell at the CU 6.

VU TD pass on a slant.  41-21.

valporun

11:47 remains and Valpo has a 34-21 lead! Jake Hutson has his third rushing touchdown of the day. Jake has 242 yards on 26 carries. Jake has more rushing yards than Campbell has TOTAL yards. The offense has 476 total yards as well. Surprising showing today.
Sterling Summerville has 2 TD passes on the day on 3 catches for 39 yards. Hoffman is the QB in this game, with 20-of-22 passing for 196 yards and 2 TDs. Not the most exciting numbers, for the most part, but getting some good results, even if we're playing a team as equally bad as we are.

VULB#62

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 03, 2012, 02:11:24 PM

Wood's punt fumbled by Campbell at the CU 6.

VU TD pass on a slant.  41-21.

Jeez! What do we do now.  VU doesn't know the feeling of protecting a lead.

LaPorteAveApostle

My guess is from now on every time their game comes up, VU FB's theme song will be:

"The Camels are coming, hurrah, hurrah"

The Campbells Are Coming
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

VULB#62

Now everything is fall for VU -- intercepted QB fumble!

milanmiracle

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 03, 2012, 02:26:45 PM
My guess is from now on every time their game comes up, VU FB's theme song will be:

"The Camels are coming, hurrah, hurrah"

The Campbells Are Coming

Is it possible to schedule 11 games against the same team?