• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Worst Playing Facility at Low Major level?

Started by covufan, January 11, 2019, 03:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

From Twitter:  What is the shittiest playing facility for home games at the Low Major level?

SWAC, SoCon, ASun, Big South, MEAC, Big West, Ivy, Summit, WAC, America East, NEC, Southland, Big Sky, OVC, Patriot

https://twitter.com/coachingchanges/status/1083792622584508416?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smj

That is an easy question to answer.    I think if a team had to play at my home on the hoop in my driveway it would be the shittiest facility.   

Go V.U. !!!

VU2014

Quote from: covufan on January 11, 2019, 03:03:45 PM
From Twitter:  What is the shittiest playing facility for home games at the Low Major level?

SWAC, SoCon, ASun, Big South, MEAC, Big West, Ivy, Summit, WAC, America East, NEC, Southland, Big Sky, OVC, Patriot

https://twitter.com/coachingchanges/status/1083792622584508416?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to get too off topic but could we consider the Horizon League a low major now? In terms of metrics performance the last 2 seasons it would suggest it's at least a valid conversation.

VUGrad1314

I object to the SOCON's presence on this list. I don't think it's entirely fair to the WAC and perhaps the Summit as well (though this year has been really bad for them.) I still consider the HL a mid-major league as well.

oklahomamick

Why wouldn't you SoCan, Summit, and WAC be on the list of low majors....? 

We have to be careful with this one.  Some may think we are still in the HL and we defiantly might have the worse gym....The worse one I have seen is Detroit Mercy
CRUSADERS!!!

VU75

For some reason I clicked on the UMKC / Chicago State game the other day.  UMKC is now playing in a 1500 seat on campus gym that was built in 1941, and looks every bit that old.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

No they just moved all games from there to a smaller on campus arena in a cost cutting move earlier this season.

oklahomamick

Cost cutting? How about getting out of the travel heavy WAC for cost cutting.
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 12, 2019, 05:36:38 PMCost cutting? How about getting out of the travel heavy WAC for cost cutting.

I think they want to but I'm not sure if any other leagues are interested in them.

oklahomamick

The summit league won't have UMKC?  They would take them in a heart beat
CRUSADERS!!!

VU2014

A few years ago I remember reading that UMKC was considering moving down to non-d1 to cost cut.

bbtds

Quote from: VU2014 on January 12, 2019, 07:37:52 PM
A few years ago I remember reading that UMKC was considering moving down to non-d1 to cost cut.

https://info.umkc.edu/unews/athletics-task-force-prepares-to-issue-report/

Considered
1. Should UMKC continue to have Intercollegiate Athletics and what level of subsidy for the department should come from general revenues.

2. Should UMKC drop to a lower division or continue as an NCAA division I. If UMKC should drop what is the best fit and why?

3. If UMKC decides to stay in division I should switching conferences be considered?

NativeCheesehead

Was this whole thread started to make us feel better about our crappy arena?

oklahomamick

haha.  Cal Poly definitely has a worse gym than we do.  And worse than most small high schools...
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 13, 2019, 08:27:56 AM
haha.  Cal Poly defiantly has a worse gym than we do.  And worse than most small high schools...

You could always be a CalTech Beaver and play Cal Lutheran and Pacific Lutheran. Of course Sheldon Cooper would never show for a Beaver basketball game except to protest it's existence. I've always wondered why Chuck Lorre never used the CalTech mascot in the Big Bang Theory show. Could you imagine Sheldon asking questions of the Beaver mascot as it relates to coitus?

crusadermoe

Sounds like the Kangaroos are truly lost now. That move to the WAC was a huge puzzler.  Now they reap what they sowed by leaving the Summit.