• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Calling Nice Guy Eddie C

Started by wh, December 06, 2012, 10:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Hi Eddie,

Who do you think had the better team last year - Valpo or Butler?

HorizonFan

Butler has a really hard time staying off this board. Even when they have nothing to do with Valpo...

historyman

Quote from: HorizonFan on December 07, 2012, 12:51:05 AMButler has a really hard time staying off this board. Even when they have nothing to do with Valpo...

It is a terrible obsession!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

wh

Sorry for the confusion, guys.  This was just a little zinger for eddic based on a comment he made on another board.  I should have added a wink face.  Carry on.

HC

If thats the case, then well done  :thumbsup:

EddieCabot

Quote from: wh on December 06, 2012, 10:15:21 PM
Hi Eddie,

Who do you think had the better team last year - Valpo or Butler?

I'll answer and then maybe Valpo04 can move the thread so historyman's angina doesn't act up.

Assuming that eddiec is in fact me, and not just a copycat trying to capitalize on the fame of EddieCabot by using a similar name, allow me to explain.  I was just reporting facts on that other board and neglected to state my opinion, so here it goes ... based solely on head-to-head games and Horizon League games, Valpo was the better team last year. 

I could bring up things like Sagarins and Pomeroy ratings, but those don't matter ... banners matter.  And in the end, Valpo is the school with a league championship banner hidden somewhere in the corner of the ARC lobby, so they get my nod.    :clap:  :whiteflag:

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: EddieCabot on December 07, 2012, 11:27:29 AMa league championship banner hidden somewhere in the corner of the ARC lobby

well. played.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

wh

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 07, 2012, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: EddieCabot on December 07, 2012, 11:27:29 AMa league championship banner hidden somewhere in the corner of the ARC lobby

well. played.

That IS good.  Nice touch with the waving flag.  :)

valpotx

Only a moron would question who was better last year.  We beat the crap out of Butler, have 4 in a row over them, and they finished middle of the pack.  Nice call Eddie
"Don't mess with Texas"

milanmiracle

Quote from: valpotx on December 07, 2012, 01:10:59 PM
Only a moron would question who was better last year.  We beat the crap out of Butler, have 4 in a row over them, and they finished middle of the pack.  Nice call Eddie

Neither one made the NCAA tournament so does it really matter? Kind of like arguing who's the best snow skier in FL.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado