• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

A Super Bowl thought...

Started by VUOR63, February 02, 2014, 05:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUOR63

I'm sure all of the viewers on this board are watching the Super Bowl.  While you watch, consider for a moment the future of Valpo football.

Assuming Cecchini's credentials hold true to form at VU, he will most likely be on to bigger and better things after winning a few PFL championships and getting to the second or third round of the FCS tournament.  So that means, Valpo will have a hole to fill in about five years...who better to fill that role than Peyton Manning?!

Just a random thought...Happy Super Bowl and HAIL CRUSADERS! 

usc4valpo

Dude, your optimism is way over the top.  You are sounding like a Cub fan and that is not good.

Let's win maybe 4 games next year and we can be satisfied.

Also, the PFL will always be a one and done conference in Div. I-AA (or whatever they now call it).

Also, congrats to Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks in their Super Bowl win, with USC 7th round pick Malcolm Smith winning MVP honors and USC Heisman Trophy winner and NFL great Marcus Allen presenting the trophy.  Perhaps Matt Leinart or Mark Sanchez cab be the next coach at Valpo!!

VUOR63

I've never been accused of being pessimistic--that's for sure.  But I do love the brown and gold and would love to see a tournament appearance!

HC

After reading the first post I assumed that you lived in Colorado and where one of the folks I need to thank for helping my PLPL stock rise like it did the other day.  :lol:

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: HC on February 04, 2014, 05:47:25 PMAfter reading the first post I assumed that you lived in Colorado
Could also be a THCeehawks fan.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa