• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Union Street Hoops

Started by Pgmado, October 31, 2016, 10:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

Paul once again hints at potential a transfer(s) with all the seniors on the roster next season.

Pgmado

Quote from: VU2014 on February 01, 2019, 05:39:32 PM
Paul once again hints at potential a transfer(s) with all the seniors on the roster next season.

To be clear, I don't have any inside info on this...it's just the nature of college basketball. Hell, look at the NBA now. People always looking to leave.

VU2010

Paul O did such a great job here. Gave credit where credit is due. Defended ML and put the mvc positioning in perspective basically saying we've gotta stay in the top 6. And defended ML on his injuries comments and stating he doesn't owe us anything with injury updates. Good, fair points.

Also, it was SO powerful how he commented on the facilities and game day atmosphere. Listen to the last 10 minutes or so. Well-done. Great beat writer. Keeps things in perspective. Not too high or too low. Doesn't get overly emotional like some of us fans (myself included lol).

Idk that I agree with what he said about not having the kids play at half. I like it - good for the community involvement. But could mix it up with other fun stuff like the Jessie white tumblers. How about the bucket drummers? That's was sweet.

Lebarbara and heckler have to man up and make a commitment to this program.

VU2014

What game did they have a debate at halftime and what was it about? That is almost promotional malpractice...

M

The little kid games are lots of fun. Saying they should stop as hinted above, I do t listen to the podcasts, is rediculous. Those little games put butts in seats, the fans who stay around their seats are usually into it...if anything to improve gameday very easy would be to have the crusaderettes do a routine each media timeout with music that gets the crowd clapping along. Also, when VU goes on a run and the crowd is pumped and the the opponent calls a timeout, the da he's the music going then has to cut it for a goofy a$$ commercial that kills the energy.

VU2014

Quote from: M on February 02, 2019, 12:21:37 PM
The little kid games are lots of fun. Saying they should stop as hinted above, I do t listen to the podcasts, is rediculous. Those little games put butts in seats, the fans who stay around their seats are usually into it...if anything to improve gameday very easy would be to have the crusaderettes do a routine each media timeout with music that gets the crowd clapping along. Also, when VU goes on a run and the crowd is pumped and the the opponent calls a timeout, the da he's the music going then has to cut it for a goofy a$$ commercial that kills the energy.

This!

M

Dj not da but you get my point 😂

VU2014

Quote from: M on February 02, 2019, 12:21:37 PM

Remember when the band use to go on the court during an opponents timeout and just blast music by them during their timeout? That would energize the crowd and create for a good laugh. Hint-hint: bring it back! Create an environment where the crowd, student, and band can tastefully get in the opposing teams heads.

valpotx

Guys, it is a given that someone will leave with the entire team set to come back outside of Lavender, and adding two high quality transfers.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2010

I can hear it now: "It's a process." It'll always be a process at this point.

By definition, a process is a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.

What's the particular end? Particular end what is, in Yoda fashion.

That's my question.

bbtds

Quote from: VU2010 on February 02, 2019, 04:46:23 PM
I can hear it now: "It's a process." It'll always be a process at this point.

By definition, a process is a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.

What's the particular end? Particular end what is, in Yoda fashion.

That's my question.

Yoda looking at Lottich, "Strong the farce in this one is"

EddieCabot

Quote from: VU2014 on February 12, 2019, 10:08:55 PM
https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1095407958790418441

Finally listened to the pod this morning and found it entertaining, as always.  Paul does a great job of finding the positives about the team ... great listen for anyone needing a pick-me-up after the disappointment of last night.

VU2010

I look forward to listening to Paul every week. Love his work. Though I will say the last USH was a bit underwhelming. Depending on what happens with Drake, it'll be interesting to see what he says. The whole progressing poorly thing was a good tag line but then it was a little flat last episode. Looking forward to a good one next time. Hopefully after a well-needed win!

VU2014

Scorched earth on the coaching, players or ... the fans? Or maybe a little of all. Hmmm.

Looking forward to listening.

https://twitter.com/nwioren/status/1097652423517179904?s=21

M

I don't usually listen because if you can read this board you pretty much already know everything he is going to say....

I will listen to this to see what/who he is going to scorch. I'm not sure which group it's be...the school (probably not, they pay the guy), the fans (maybe), or something else entirely.

VULB#62

OMG, the Democrats are burnt toast!

VUGrad1314

Why would you scorch the fans fresh off of 4000+ for Drake a sellout for Loyola and 3000+ for a midweek Indiana State game in the midst of a massive stretch of losing. Those environments have been really solid. I'd say we've been doing our job...

bbtds

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 18, 2019, 08:52:41 PM
OMG, the Democrats are burnt toast!

The only one that is burnt toast is the president. 16 states are challenging him in court on the "emergency powers" to finance his wall/further money for border security.

You brought it up, I didn't. 

VU2014

please can we not talk about that stuff on the basketball forum. No politics please.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 18, 2019, 08:52:41 PMOMG, the Democrats are burnt toast!
Quote from: bbtds on February 18, 2019, 09:00:45 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on February 18, 2019, 08:52:41 PMOMG, the Democrats are burnt toast!
The only one that is burnt toast is the president. 16 states are challenging him in court on the "emergency powers" to finance his wall/further money for border security. You brought it up, I didn't.

We have a whole forum for this. Both sides suck. Now keep it over in the political thread where it belongs.

NativeCheesehead

Really enjoy USH and Paul's take on things. But if this is some BS clickbait.......

VU2014

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 18, 2019, 10:07:19 PM
Really enjoy USH and Paul's take on things. But if this is some BS clickbait.......

If it's clickbait that's not cool but I guess that's par for the current media era we're in. Regardless I don't see him laying into the coaching staff. That leaves the players, school or fans. I'm ruling out the school and I think he will say the injuries are an "excuse" for this teams play so that leaves the fans. Do we expect too much from a injury riddled team in its second year in the Valley? Maybe but I think the fans angst with the state of the program goes further than wins and losses right now. Or maybe Paul was just trolling us all to get us to listen. Mission accomplished you have peaked our interest but I'd be listening regardless. I think many fans would like the media to start acknowledging the fan-bases discontent with the state of the program. This fan-base is prideful and tired of the poor play.

VUGrad1314

If he lays into the fans unfairly you can bet I'll have a comment on it pretty similar to when I went in on his comments about the schedule.