• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Union Street Hoops

Started by Pgmado, October 31, 2016, 10:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU2014

GoldenCrusader87

30-minutes in ... and, not an inkling of responsibility placed on Matt. Figures. I'll finish and hope for something here ... defending Matt's press release. Idk - we're not going to make any traction here. It is what it is.

GoldenCrusader87

Starting to wonder what the target audience of these podcasts is... why not bring someone on who IS concerned? Case in point = even Dot Nuechterlein tweeted about this situation ... she's like our Sister Jean ... come on. Sometimes, it's just bad ingredients ... seriously? Bueller. Bueller.

Valpo2013

Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on March 20, 2019, 06:42:32 PM
Starting to wonder what the target audience of these podcasts is... why not bring someone on who IS concerned? Case in point = even Dot Nuechterlein tweeted about this situation ... she's like our Sister Jean ... come on. Sometimes, it's just bad ingredients ... seriously? Bueller. Bueller.

Normally I'd listen but I'm sure Oren just glosses over the issues
Not going to waste my time

VUBBFan

Quote from: VUBBFan on March 20, 2019, 06:55:18 PM
Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on March 20, 2019, 06:42:32 PMStarting to wonder what the target audience of these podcasts is... why not bring someone on who IS concerned? Case in point = even Dot Nuechterlein tweeted about this situation ... she's like our Sister Jean ... come on. Sometimes, it's just bad ingredients ... seriously? Bueller. Bueller.
I agree on some of your points, but it seems that your not satisfied with any comments or discussions that concern VU Basketball that don't crucify Lottich.

JD24

Quote from: VUBBFan on March 20, 2019, 06:56:29 PM
Quote from: VUBBFan on March 20, 2019, 06:55:18 PM
Quote from: GoldenCrusader87 on March 20, 2019, 06:42:32 PMStarting to wonder what the target audience of these podcasts is... why not bring someone on who IS concerned? Case in point = even Dot Nuechterlein tweeted about this situation ... she's like our Sister Jean ... come on. Sometimes, it's just bad ingredients ... seriously? Bueller. Bueller.
I agree on some of your points, but it seems that your not satisfied with any comments or discussions that concern VU Basketball that don't crucify Lottich.

El stampo!

M

Plenty Dot is a cranky twitterer

VU2014

These two were a great podcast duo

PS: Love the jersey Paul  :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1119340798032527360

FWalum

Paul, I know you have been out having a good time with Parker, but don't you think with all that has happened and the latest addition of Zion Morgan that it is about time for the next installment of USH? You say that we are going to love Morgan on Twitter... give us a little more red meat on this guy and all the other newcomers!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

crusader05

He's posted on twitter that he's been having computer issues that he's been working to get resolved so I think once that happens we will have a return to the podcast

talksalot

Quote from: crusader05 on April 25, 2019, 09:16:15 AMthat he's been having computer issues that he's been working to get resolved

Hope he didn't put his laptop on "RED" at the roulette wheel at the Bellagio...

that could explain the "Issue"...?   

GoldenCrusader87

Paul's likely waiting for everything to work itself out so he can put a positive spin on this entire dumpster fire and ultimately validate his prior comments about Matt and the positive trajectory of the program.

VU2014

Quote from: VU2014 on April 27, 2019, 07:13:48 PM
https://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1122289717465235456

A great podcast. A few very interest nuggets were that Todd thought that Freeman didn't want to leave Valpo and that there may still be a chance Jay Sorolla may come back to Valpo.

It's a must listen episode.

crusader05

I am going to say i'm surprised that Freeman hasn't already been snapped up. I figured he left knowing exactly where he was going.

VUGrad1314

He can come back anytime he'd like to... I hope he reconsiders and comes back... Come back Javon! We need you! Golder can come back too... Sorolla I guess as well since we really need a big...

VUGrad1314

The apologetics for Lottich on this podcast are unsurprising but frustrating and disappointing. It isn't ALL his fault but it IS his responsibility ultimately.

Pgmado

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on April 27, 2019, 09:45:03 PM
The apologetics for Lottich on this podcast are unsurprising but frustrating and disappointing. It isn't ALL his fault but it IS his responsibility ultimately.

A responsibility that he's answering by restocking the roster, no? The guy will be coaching for his job this coming season. Knowing that, he's chosen to restock the roster with guys best suited for the long term as opposed to a bunch of quick fix one-year grad transfers.

wh

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on April 27, 2019, 09:45:03 PM

Paul and Todd are not going to rip on our returning coach, nor should they. Their take is the same as mine (which is why I like it). Some of the guys who left are addition by subtraction, the guys replacing them are a better fit, and the team is now positioned for a successful season coming up, and hopefully beyond. As Todd said, "If it doesn't turn out that way, that'll be on Matt."  What more is there to say?

humbleopinion

Quote from: VU2014 on April 27, 2019, 07:59:46 PMA great podcast. A few very interest nuggets were that Todd thought that Freeman didn't want to leave Valpo and that there may still be a chance Jay Sorolla may come back to Valpo.

Those two things jumped out at me as well.  I would like to know who was putting pressure on Javonn -- was it his uncle? Was there some other push? Neither I nor anyone on the board (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) had considered the possibility that Jay would return.  He, too, seems to have been pressured to announce his transfer.

I appreciated the perspective that last year's team was a ninth place MVC team -- isn't it better to put a different team out on the court for 2019-20?

It seems that Siggy will more than replace Micah.  I'm looking forward to seeing the new Valpo (but my expectations are realistic).
Beamin' Beacons

crusader05

The way it read(listened?) to me was that maybe he wasn't necessarily unhappy at Valpo but that whatever his ultimate goals are he was worried he wouldn't be able to reach them at Valpo.

I also still think that Jay is only interested in playing abroad vs a grad transfer in reality but that he's just "putting himself on the market" so to speak to maybe increase his worth.

wh

Let's be honest. Jay is a bad offensive player, borderline terrible. I hope we find someone else.

NativeCheesehead

Is Matt coaching for his job?  We still don't know the length of his contract.