• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #5-Grand Canyon @ Paradise Jam in USVI Noon CST 11/22/19- "Flohoops"

Started by talksalot, November 17, 2019, 06:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS

So has anyone subscribed to the FloHoops  website to watch the games? What was the actual cost of the subscription. I understand it can be cancelled at any time. Some input woild be helpful. Thanks.

crusadermoe

I think Krikke is a great add.  He seems to play a little bigger than he is and he has good floor instincts and first step.   What a change.

Like I've said I don't know how many wins we will get, but I will be proud of this team's effort and will enjoy JFL's top-drawer skills.

Just Sayin

Grand Canyon favored by 1.5 points per betting odds.
Sagarin: Valpo by 3
Pomeroy: GC by 3

valpo4life

Quote from: Just Sayin on November 22, 2019, 07:40:08 AM
Grand Canyon favored by 1.5 points per betting odds.
Sagarin: Valpo by 3
Pomeroy: GC by 3

Sharp money has it down to a PK in spots now.

I think we have a good shot at winning this one. GC is one of the worst rebounding teams in the country (their only player above 6'7" has their worst rebounding percentage) and doesn't defend the rim. Their offense is pretty solid, but that's mostly because they take care of the ball. If we are able to force some live ball turnovers and get out in transition, we may take this one by double digits.

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: RS on November 21, 2019, 03:24:14 PM
So has anyone subscribed to the FloHoops  website to watch the games? What was the actual cost of the subscription. I understand it can be cancelled at any time. Some input woild be helpful. Thanks.

I clicked through to create an account, and it's $30/month if you pay month-to-month, and $13/month if you pay for the full year up front. So the best deal is $30 for this tournament.

Looks like you can listen to the WVUR broadcast for free, though  ;D

Valpo2010

Quote from: RS on November 21, 2019, 03:24:14 PM

Just got my subscription - $29.99 per month - Just have to remember to cancel the subscription after this weekend so it doesn't auto charge for next month. 

VUSWIM08-12

I got the subscription as well , fairly decent pregame commentary, analysts did their research.Valpo by 3 .

dgrmgr

Listening to the WVUR feed for free here.  It sounded like our fight song was playing.  I can't think our band went down there, right?  Todd & Brandon just said that GCU's band is there, wonder if they played our fight song as a courtesy.  I've seen that before, believe it or not.

bbtds

http://www.hulkstreams.com/livestreamhd/basketball/ncaa/grand-canyon-vs-valparaiso/20191122/3/

This might not be very good for your computer but it is a way to watch it for free. Don't blame me if you venture to this website and it causes you issues.

covufan

If GCU continues to hit 65% from FG, we will be in trouble the second half.

covufan

SanityLost17

Analysis of listening to the radio for the first 13 minutes. 

We were dominating in almost all phases.... but 

We can't shoot but they hit everything.   

Smj

The hulk stream says I need a subscription...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Smj

Anyone know if you can watch flo-hoops AFTER the game is over?

govalpogo

Frustrating last few seconds.  GCU really has hit a lot very difficult shots.  It's been quite a battle thus far!  Annoying that GCU has even managed to create a home court advantage all the way in the Virgin Islands!    Krikke out due to "illness."

bbtds

Quote from: Smj on November 22, 2019, 12:42:29 PM
The hulk stream says I need a subscription...

Keep clicking past all the ads. There is a way to click closed every web page and every pop up ad.

wh

Assuming the 20-point guy wakes up from his dream of a lifetime, we could win this going away.

SanityLost17

With the way we turned them over you would think we would have a 6-8 point lead, but it is tied due to a combination of our poor shooting, no 2nd chance points, and their hot shooting (especially early).   

Smj

I'd pay for flo hoops if I could be sure that I can watch this game tonight (replay) with my wife....

bbtds

That was one hell of a clutch three by none other than John Kizer there!!!!

No quid pro quo

bbtds