• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 9 - @ Eastern Michigan Dec 3 6pm ESPN3.

Started by talksalot, November 28, 2019, 09:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu84v2

I would suggest that without any specific knowledge to the contrary, Fazekas (like any other player) wants to do everything that he can to get back on the court. Further, I would suggest that he is probably very frustrated by the injuries that prevent him from contributing to the team (and a promising team, at that). Give the guy a break and don't take cheap shots.

justducky

Quote from: vu84v2 on December 01, 2019, 02:05:29 PM
I would suggest that without any specific knowledge to the contrary, Fazekas (like any other player) wants to do everything that he can to get back on the court. Further, I would suggest that he is probably very frustrated by the injuries that prevent him from contributing to the team (and a promising team, at that). Give the guy a break and don't take cheap shots.

I don't think I would ever define an attempt at humor as being a cheap shot. I wasn't offended (I chuckled) and I doubt that Ryan was either.

vu84v2

Quote from: justducky on December 01, 2019, 02:27:40 PM
Quote from: vu84v2 on December 01, 2019, 02:05:29 PM

I don't think I would ever define an attempt at humor as being a cheap shot. I wasn't offended (I chuckled) and I doubt that Ryan was either.

You make a good point and perhaps I misread the intentions in the comment.

Valpo89

Quote from: valpo64 on December 01, 2019, 12:14:47 PM
Has anyone heard about Fazekas' injury or when he might return?  It is hard to believe that no info has come forward or leaked out.
I thought I saw 6-8 weeks in an article.

EddieCabot

KenPom has this game as 70-66, in favor of EMU.  Valpo is averaging 78 ppg, so I don't see EMU holding them to 66. 

valpo64

Regarding the Fazekas injury, you say you thought you saw an article saying 6-8 weeks?  From when or when would you expect his return?

bbtds

Quote from: valpo64 on December 02, 2019, 09:44:46 AM
Regarding the Fazekas injury, you say you thought you saw an article saying 6-8 weeks?  From when or when would you expect his return?

As I understood it he was injured during the Toledo game on Nov. 5. Then a week later a story said it was 6 to 8 weeks. Therefore Ryan might be back between Dec. 30 and Jan. 13, 2020.

SanityLost17

Using no logic whatsoever, I would predict a January 18th return against Indiana State giving him about 7 weeks before Arch Madness.  Perhaps everyone buys a square for $10, winner takes the pot?   

VUSWIM08-12

EMU sits at -2.5 while Valpo is +125 on the money line. O/U in 131. Take Valpo at +3 and the over is my guess...Wish I could watch this one but alas I'll be coaching. Replay it is. I always tell myself I wont check the score but always do...

M

That's what I played too. Valpo ML and the over.

VUSWIM08-12

Quote from: M on December 03, 2019, 12:14:40 PMThat's what I played too. Valpo ML and the over.
Nice, man the O/U dropped to 130, I know EMU is holding teams to 55 but they played mostly questionable teams. If it stays under 130 somehow it will be because EMUs offense doesn't do much and not because they stop our offense. They wont be able to handle the Sackey/Freeman transition prowess :o ??? . If we score less than 60 don't scold me.
My parlay for the day
Valpo: +4WKU: -2 at Wright St.Mizzou: -24 against Charleston Southern

bbtds

Quote from: VUSWIM08-12 on December 03, 2019, 02:58:39 PM
Quote from: M on December 03, 2019, 12:14:40 PMThat's what I played too. Valpo ML and the over.
Nice, man the O/U dropped to 130, I know EMU is holding teams to 55 but they played mostly questionable teams. If it stays under 130 somehow it will be because EMUs offense doesn't do much and not because they stop our offense. They wont be able to handle the Sackey/Freeman transition prowess :o ??? . If we score less than 60 don't scold me.
My parlay for the day

And that's why they call it GAMBLING and why it's not a good thing to do on a regular basis unless, of course, you are extremely skilled at the game you play at such as is our beloved VU play-by-play radio man, Todd Ickow.

Valpo2010

Quote from: VUSWIM08-12 on December 03, 2019, 02:58:39 PMQuote from: M on Today at 12:14:40 PM
That's what I played too. Valpo ML and the over.
Nice, man the O/U dropped to 130, I know EMU is holding teams to 55 but they played mostly questionable teams. If it stays under 130 somehow it will be because EMUs offense doesn't do much and not because they stop our offense. They wont be able to handle the Sackey/Freeman transition prowess   . If we score less than 60 don't scold me.
My parlay for the day

I took the over at 129 - I've done well taking the over on most Valpo games so far this season

VALPO LI

Where is everyone?  I see 6 Valpo fans behind the bench in gold and maybe 50 more fans in Green.  Are they all sitting on the camera side of the court  :snore: This makes attendance at The Athletic Recreational Center look great!
Shine on Vu

NativeCheesehead

So tired of watching Sackey make bad pass after bad pass.

VUSL98

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on December 03, 2019, 06:30:44 PM
And everyone else, too...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

wh

If we're going to shoot our way out of this zone, they'd better start looking for Sig. He's been wide open in the corner countless times.

PlumStreetBum

Our defense is h*ckin' awful, almost as bad as our passing. If we can't play defense, we're a Thursday team for sure.

But what really gets me is that, to my eye, we're giving partial effort. Guess the guys had a lot of laundry to do after the trip to the Virgin Islands.

FieldGoodie05

How is Kiser the only Valpo defender who prevents most dribble drives?

govalpogo

Not good.  We know the team can go on runs and make comebacks...we'll see if they turn it around. 

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on December 03, 2019, 06:41:36 PM

They're playing Spanish defense. ¡Olé!

SanityLost17

Quote from: VUSL98 on December 03, 2019, 06:32:27 PM
Quote from: NativeCheesehead on December 03, 2019, 06:30:44 PM
And everyone else, too...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I thought Sackey looked tremendous the 1st few games of the season.   The last 3 D1 games... Not so much.   

wh

Quote from: PlumStreetBum on December 03, 2019, 06:50:31 PM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on December 03, 2019, 06:41:36 PM

They're playing Spanish defense. ¡Olé!

matador defense (mat'-uh-dor' de'-fens) noun.

A lackluster, low-effort form of defense in which the defender simply reaches for the ball and then quickly pulls his hand away -- similar to how a matador pulls his cape out of the way of a charging bull -- as the offensive player drives by him for an easy shot at the hoop.

talksalot

Quote from: VALPO LI on December 03, 2019, 06:20:29 PM
Where is everyone?  I see 6 Valpo fans behind the bench in gold and maybe 50 more fans in Green.  Are they all sitting on the camera side of the court  :snore: This makes attendance at The Athletic Recreational Center look great!
there were 74 people in the seats opposite the scorers table.  no band.  less than 1500 total.  they are blaming the Michigan Louisville game.  they introduced 62 spring letter winners at halftime.  they left. 
now.  what can we do against the zone

wh

It would be helpful if the guy with the 3-3's snaps out of his trance before the 2nd half. We can't afford to have an average Joe have a career night.