• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Has Lottich lost this team?

Started by mj, January 09, 2022, 05:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mj

This is a follow up to tjjvalpo's comment in the Diebler thread.

Has Matt Lottich lost control of this team? Unfortunately, I have a pit in my stomach that says yes.

I have no inside knowledge of the team. Rather, my feeling is based on the following things.

1) how the team played the past few games

2) Gordon's video of the Northern Iowa road trip

3) past history of Lottich's teams

My feeling is that Lottich has lost control and that we're not playing as a team. We have 5 guys on the court in Valpo jerseys doing their own thing. I don't see a lot of joy out on the court.

I'm afraid that we're going to see another wave of transfers in the off-season (Edwards, Young, Barrett, etc).

This post should be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe it's not all doom and gloom. Thoughts?
I believe that we will win.

valpotx

If the team is not willing to play for the school/coach, and not play to win for themselves, what would that say about the players?  Not saying what you are hinting at is correct, but if I didn't like my coach, I would still try my hardest to win...
"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

Quote from: mj on January 09, 2022, 05:57:25 PM
This is a follow up to tjjvalpo's comment in the Diebler thread.

Has Matt Lottich lost control of this team? Unfortunately, I have a pit in my stomach that says yes.

I have no inside knowledge of the team. Rather, my feeling is based on the following things.

1) how the team played the past few games

2) Gordon's video of the Northern Iowa road trip

3) past history of Lottich's teams

My feeling is that Lottich has lost control and that we're not playing as a team. We have 5 guys on the court in Valpo jerseys doing their own thing. I don't see a lot of joy out on the court.

I'm afraid that we're going to see another wave of transfers in the off-season (Edwards, Young, Barrett, etc).

This post should be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe it's not all doom and gloom. Thoughts?
What is your experience playing Division 1 Athletics?  Basketball?

I think you might be seeing what you want to see. As much as I don't like this team being down 16 in the second half, they worked hard to come back.

Lost - no. Isn't the best coach going forward - ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU2014

I don't think Lottich has lost the Team. This group really seems to love the Coaching Staff and each other which is good.

tjjvalpo

I see a team that is playing more as individuals than playing as a team. College basketball is all about playing as a team. The fact that they don't appear to playing that way tells me that they don't believe in Lottichs scheme. Then, I don't see Lottich holding them accountable, so the result is they do whatever the hell the want because there is no consequences for their actions. I am sorry but I am just so frustrated with this team.