• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

NCAA College Basketball Talk

Started by VU2014, March 10, 2017, 11:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

Bruce is 0-3 in conference play....
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

With the recruits that he has and continues to get, next year will be his hot seat year.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

As long as we get our Vanderbilt home game out of it.

may know

Brock Stull has played 6 minutes and 4 minutes his last 2 games.

He has attempted 23 shots in 14 games.

VU2014

Quote from: may know on January 13, 2019, 10:59:54 PM
Brock Stull has played 6 minutes and 4 minutes his last 2 games.

He has attempted 23 shots in 14 games.

I'm not sure that's how he imagined his senior season going. He would have been a impact player here. On the bright side he's on a very good minnesota team, on the downside he's the 10th man on the team he hoped to be the 6th man.

M

Bryce also lost his top recruit for the season who despite that injury is still listed as the 7th pick in the upcoming draft in the last mock draft I saw.

VUGrad1314

Some very interesting NET vs RPI thoughts:
https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/status/1087045264215629825

I wonder if MVC membership would have helped or hurt Murray State this year.

Pro: Big SOS boost

Con: Lesser margin of victory and greater potential for losses

crusader05

After their recent loss to Mississippi State I keep seeing more comments about Bryce from Vandy Fans

https://twitter.com/SkipPrince/status/1087027860831903746

VUGrad1314

Here's another team that is doing a good job turning their season around in conference play.

https://twitter.com/MUHawks/status/1087068114070712320

VU2014

Quote from: crusader05 on January 20, 2019, 01:41:57 PM
After their recent loss to Mississippi State I keep seeing more comments about Bryce from Vandy Fans

https://twitter.com/SkipPrince/status/1087027860831903746

Vandy fans need to be patient. They have a very young team and they lost their future lottery pick star player after 5 games. Losing isn't fun but he has proven track record as a coach. Look what he did at Vandy his first season with a average sec roster.

justducky

While watching Belmont beat Murray I focused on 6'11" Seth Adelsperger from Peru HS.  Some of you will remember that we offered him before Derrik but he chose the Bruins instead. He is also a redshirt junior but has played only 188 minutes this year with modest overall numbers. He certainly doesn't look bad but I'm glad things worked out the way that they did.  :thumbsup:

SanityLost17

Horizon League tourney moving to Indy.  So much for motor city madness. 

oklahomamick

Just as Detroit Mercy was getting better....
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

The madness lay in moving it to the Motor City in the first place

oklahomamick

Not only did it move to Indy but it will be on the same court that IUPUI plays on.
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Quote from: SanityLost17 on January 25, 2019, 10:56:10 AM
Horizon League tourney moving to Indy.  So much for motor city madness. 

The excitement in town (Indy) is overwhelming.

Indy Mayor Hogsett: I thought they said they were going to make a new car in Indy called the Horizon that couldn't be made in Detroit.

VU2014

No more Motor City Dumpster Fire?

bigmosmithfan1

Jeez, LeCrone, if you were just gonna move it to Indy you should have done that seven years ago and Butler may have never left.

(Just an FYI that we are just three years removed from the HL prattling on about the importance of a "neutral site" to help justify moving the tourney from Valpo to Detroit on several months' notice. And now they've moved the tourney... to the home floor of their newest member, in part so the commish and staff don't have to travel. Good god, thank heavens that we have left that stellar management and business acumen in our rear view mirror).

VUGrad1314

Once again LeCrone bends down and kisses Indy's ring only this time the program he's doing it for hasn't earned such treatment. It's possible that this is a subtle parting shot at Valpo to give the tournament to our replacement but who cares? We have bigger fish to fry as we chase a conference title in the MVC. Go Valpo!!!

bigmosmithfan1

I cannot believe that the ADs in that league haven't figured out at this point that the league's decisions are made toward what's best for Jon LeCrone instead of what's best for the league's members as a whole.

elephtheria47

can't fault them for trying, i guess you don't know until you try, but it would be annoying to consistently change formats/locations/etc every couple of years. HL is a joke.

may know

The thinking is this is still a neutral court since IUPUI fans don't exist anyway.

oklahomamick

Outside of IUPUI all the HL schools would jump ship if they could.
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

They need to go back to campus sites.

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 25, 2019, 09:19:12 PM
Outside of IUPUI all the HL schools would jump ship if they could.

You don't think NKU is happy too?

4throwfan

My uneducated guess is that the league couldn't afford to rent the facilities in Detroit, or anywhere else, so they are having it at one of the team locations in order to help on costs.  Maybe, in order to make things more interesting while still utilizing a member location would be to start the tournament at various member locations, and then have the final rounds at the league champion's site.  Oh wait ...