• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo women at Leathernecks Tue 11/27/12

Started by bbtds, November 27, 2012, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Okay 'saders. What do the Lady Crusaders have to do to beat the Lady Leathernecks. Check out their tough looking team picture. http://www.goleathernecks.com/SplashPage.dbml?SPLASH_AD_ID=671042 especially the 6th one from the left. She looks like the Ayres type. A true Lady Leatherneck.

EDIT: I just realized that Western Illinois women's teams used to be known as the Westerwinds. When did they go with the tougher sounding Lady Leathernecks?

They even play on Waste Management Court!

LaPorteAveApostle

wha....?  what happened to the Westerwinds?

...that blows...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

KL31NY

Are they even the "Lady Leathernecks?" How many teams actually use the "lady" modifier to their official nicknames?
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

bbtds

You're correct but since so many had used it and you must distinguish between womens & mens teams I thought it went well with Western Illinois. Lady Leathernecks is just amusing.

valpotx

Yikes, that one 6 from the left is quite a big one...that was mean, my apologies  :).  The way the picture looks, everyone but 2-3 girls are the same height
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=49954&SPID=4948&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=12000&ATCLID=205706111&Q_SEASON=2012

Paige Harmon from Oswego, IL (now the thought of Jay Harris & Paige just came to mind--eeewww!) looks like her athletic prowess is more like Ayres from Milwaukee. That's one player you don't want to take a charge against. Only a freshman this year.

LaPorteAveApostle

Yeah, they can't afford the real deal any more, though, so they've changed their mascot to the Pleathernecks
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpospartan

Quote from: KL31NY on November 27, 2012, 02:02:37 PM
Are they even the "Lady Leathernecks?" How many teams actually use the "lady" modifier to their official nicknames?
Lady Vols for one.

bbtds

Valpo loses by 10 to the female Leathernecks. 69-55. Just seems the shots wouldn't fall when Valpo needed to stop the WIU run.

covufan

Quote from: valpospartan on November 27, 2012, 09:50:08 PM
Lady Vols for one.
My first thought as well.  Here are some others:

http://www.mascotdb.com/displaymatches.php

StlVUFan

Quote from: covufan on November 28, 2012, 11:06:43 AM
Quote from: valpospartan on November 27, 2012, 09:50:08 PM
Lady Vols for one.
My first thought as well.  Here are some others:

http://www.mascotdb.com/displaymatches.php

Don't forget the definitive example: The Ladies

bbtds

It seems that their men's teams are the Cyclones now. Maybe that is required when you change Divisions in the NCAA. IUPUI changed from Metros to Jaguars when they moved up to Div. I.

StlVUFan

Quote from: bbtds on November 28, 2012, 12:32:09 PM
It seems that their men's teams are the Cyclones now. Maybe that is required when you change Divisions in the NCAA. IUPUI changed from Metros to Jaguars when they moved up to Div. I.
Follow my link.  You're thinking of Centenary College of New Jersey.  This is Centenary College of Louisiana I'm talking about.

bbtds

Quote from: StlVUFan on November 28, 2012, 12:34:25 PM
Follow my link.  You're thinking of Centenary College of New Jersey.  This is Centenary College of Louisiana I'm talking about.

Yep, that's me playing by too many open windows on my computer screen. Never knew there were 2 Centenarys though.

StlVUFan

Quote from: bbtds on November 28, 2012, 12:39:32 PM

Yep, that's me playing by too many open windows on my computer screen. Never knew there were 2 Centenarys though.
I didn't either until I went searching and accidentally landed on the Cyclones website myself ;)

LaPorteAveApostle

Well, I guess that's just your  :twocents:

HEYO

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 28, 2012, 01:13:43 PM

Well, I guess that's just your  :twocents:

HEYO

Well, my two  :twocents: in nary your palm shall meet.  :D