• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ CSU, Fri 2/27 9 PM CST ESPNU

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, February 25, 2015, 10:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

Game changes when we don't have someone protecting the rim.  Of course they drive every time.  I think most of CSU points have come when Vashil is on the bench.  This is what scares me next year. 
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

there will come a time when CSU ceases to shoot 30%, and then we'll wish we had a bigger lead.

who'd have thought that the home team had yet to shoot a FT?  that's not going to hold either.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

a3uge

vu72

Please note:  At about 3:50 to go in the first I got a hold of ESPN and it became VAL-PAR-A-SO!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: a3uge on February 27, 2015, 09:47:34 PM
How drunk is that student section?
they're probably still making better decisions than we did during and coming out of that timeout at 2:32
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

rink

We came out of a timeout and crapped out a possession *that* ugly?

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: rink on February 27, 2015, 09:49:48 PM
We came out of a timeout and crapped out a possession *that* ugly?
i blame the combination of 1) discount beers and 2) this being a two-site road trip they haven't had their daily reading from The Collected Works of O.P. Kretzmann to keep them on the wagon

classof2014

Ugly half of basketball, just what I expected against Cleveland State. Defense has been great so far. I'd take another 23 to 17 half of BB.

oklahomamick

I hear ya Laporte, CSU will shoot better and become more aggressive as the game goes.  Out of the timeout we have to better.  The last play in Detroit and this play out of timeout should be better. 
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

Still...as ugly as that half was...if I told you we'd have a 6 point lead at the half, and that we'd be shooting 39% and 50% at the line...

you'd have taken it, right?

oklahomamick

We are two Vashil dunks away from a decent double digit lead....
CRUSADERS!!!

mj

Btw, I love the Horizon League commerical where the Milwaukee player is looking away from the camera.
I believe that we will win.

LaPorteAveApostle

AND I WAS RIGHT.

CSU couldn't keep shooting 30%.

Now they're shooting 25%.

agibson

CSU was scoreless for... The last five minutes there?

The scoring's going to pick up.  Think it'll still take 60 to win?

Still, they want to spot us six points in a really ugly half, we'll take six points.

a3uge

Let's have Alec hit a 3 out of the break to start with a 9 point lead...

oklahomamick

We are all coaches here....what would you tell the team?
CRUSADERS!!!

classof2014

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 27, 2015, 10:01:54 PM
We are all coaches here....what would you tell the team?

This

Quote from: a3uge on February 27, 2015, 10:01:13 PM
Let's have Alec hit a 3 out of the break to start with a 9 point lead...

oklahomamick

CSU will come out more lose, they were tight as they know there is much on the line.  They came out more care free and will play.  We have to match it,
CRUSADERS!!!

a3uge

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 27, 2015, 10:04:02 PM
CSU will come out more lose, they were tight as they know there is much on the line.  They came out more care free and will play.  We have to match it,

Maybe GW will buy them some of those dollar beers.

gamelord

When was the last time Vashil had no fouls before halftime?

FWalum

A tail of two seasons. Surprising that we have won in both. Before Keith went out we pushed the ball much more hence the higher PPG scoring average.  When Nickerson started running the point the pressure increased and scoring decreased.  Teams have continued the pressure and I would love to see us outlet the ball off the defensive rebound and get the ball up the floor faster.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

mj

I believe that we will win.

a3uge

There we go. Let's keep the gas pedal on.

agibson

Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2015, 09:58:29 PM
The scoring's going to pick up.  Think it'll still take 60 to win?

Sure doesn't look like it.  Grubby stuff.

51 and 10 may do it again tonight, if we can make it that far.

FWalum

Officials have lost control of this game.  Things could get ugly as the game progresses, this is way too physical, lots of holding, pushing and other stuff.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show