• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ CSU, Fri 2/27 9 PM CST ESPNU

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, February 25, 2015, 10:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

FWalum

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

agibson

That must be 51 and 10.  Well done Valpo!

agibson

a3uge

agibson

agibson

Congrats valpo!  HL Champs, outright! 

Gutty finish to a memorable regular season.

Let's keep it going!

agibson

Plays of the game for me might be two threes.  T Walker circus shot late in the clock, defenders front and back.

And Peters in the corner , having smashed the press to smithereens, CSU comes unglued, leaves Peters in the corner. For 3.  And 1.

Edit: Had to correct my Walker.  Thanks to the vine for making it clear.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2015, 11:02:35 PM
Didn't the 51/10 thing expire after last game though?

definitely well done, though.  what a great season.

Who was it that wrote the "HL Fan's Guide to Valpo" for the blog a few years back? 

I think they better revise it for the peoples...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

classof2014

2014/15 regular season champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrific game could've folded but didn't... Alec coming up clutch! Time to take care of business in the tourney. Take a week off. They certainly deserve it!

oklahomamick

Once CSU just relaxed and played they made it a game. 

Didn't like carter and team struggling against the press.

Congrats to Vashil for a double double and decent free throws. 

Congrats to a young team and to the program for winning 3 out of last 4 HL league championships. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpo4life

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole squad showed up tonight. Defense was OUTSTANDING. Grady and Lewis were frustrated all night long. Loved every second of that.

agibson

Valpoathletics _fast_ with the new banner.

drewsaders11

Amazing defense. 
Alec is extremely efficient: 15 pts, 5-6 FG (2-2 3P), 3-3 FT.
Good game on the road on no rest.
Rest up for next weekend.

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 27, 2015, 11:12:40 PMQuote from: agibson on Today at 11:02:35 PM
Didn't the 51/10 thing expire after last game though?

Yeah, but 61/10 just doesn't seem that special.  51 and 10 seemed like it would do it tonight.

oklahomamick

If we see CSU again they will play like the did second half.  If they played the first half like the second half they could have won.  I think they learned and if given another chance against us, that's how they will play.
CRUSADERS!!!

valpopal

rink

Nicely done boys! Make room for another banner...

valpotx

Valpofan00 and rink need to bow down before Vashil for their comments earlier in the game, from what I see.  His defense was incredible against a guy that scored 19 against us last time, and he stayed out of foul trouble until 9 minutes left in the game.  He came up huge knocking around some offensive rebounds, and made the dunks and some free throws to kill CSU's momentum.  He also had 0 turnovers, even though he was fed some really close passes, that anyone would struggle with.  Yes, he did miss two dunks, but his hook shots weren't badly missed.  Bow down Vf00 and rink, bow down...

Congrats on the #1 seed, and I am even more happy that I don't have to see grizz pop on here about how great Oakland is, and that they had the potential to be a regular season champion.  Btw, Petros sucks.
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Preseason first teamers?

Trey Lewis took _17_ shots for 13 points.

Alec Peters?  _6_ shots for _15_ points.

I don't suppose the HL voters are scoring on efficiency?  This guy's been reading he Ryan Broekhoff playbook.

agibson

Luke Gore sounds _tired_.  Heck, Todd Ickow sounds _tired_.  And a catch in his voice.

oklahomamick

The first half of the HL I thought we played better.  I hope we see more of that in the tournament.
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: rink on February 27, 2015, 11:20:37 PMNicely done boys! Make room for another banner...
i'll start on selecting juuuuust the right ARC stairwell then
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa