• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ CSU, Fri 2/27 9 PM CST ESPNU

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, February 25, 2015, 10:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

Of course you realize that means I have to work 4 games next weekend...  Well... If I MUST...   The things I do for this team...geesh.    I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing.    Come on out Friday night and cheer on the bottom half of the league!

I have half a mind to find out their travel schedule tonight and head to the ARC and greet this team... may be 5am...

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2015, 11:25:05 PMAlec Peters?  _6_ shots for _15_ points.
I also liked T Walker's 11 on 4 shots (well, 5 shot equivalents).

less a fan of D Walker taking 13 to get 13, much less WHY IS HE TAKING ONE THIRD OF OUR SHOTS but hey we won.
Chucker
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

nkvu

Glenmorangie 18 to celebrate this one!  If we win the tournament it will be the Glenlivet 18. And if we can somehow win a game in the dance it will be the Glenlivet Archive 21!  And if we ever beat Kentucky I will personally drain my bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23!!

Not that I like whiskey or anything.  ;D

classof2014

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 27, 2015, 11:26:04 PM
The first half of the HL I thought we played better.  I hope we see more of that in the tournament.

But in the second half we beat GB, Oakland, and CSU with the latter coming on the road, something that no other HL team was able to accomplish. This team took a giant step forward tonight.

Each team with a chance to clinch the HL title with a victory, and us needing to do it on the road. After such a disappointing outing on Wednesday we played more like we're used to seeing. Hate to see a 14 point lead shrink to 4 ever so quickly but we were able to rebound from it and hit some huge shots.

Alec Peters should be HL PoY, great players step up in games like this and he certainly did, 15 points on 5-6 shooting and hit the biggest shot of the game... it was an and-1 no less.

Congrats! Now time to take care of business on our own turf...... again

sliman

Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2015, 11:25:28 PM
Luke Gore sounds _tired_.  Heck, Todd Ickow sounds _tired_.  And a catch in his voice.

Heck, I'm tired and I didn't play a minute, just a lot of twisting and turning in my chair!

valpo4life

Quote from: nkvu on February 27, 2015, 11:30:43 PM
Glenmorangie 18 to celebrate this one!  If we win the tournament it will be the Glenlivet 18. And if we can somehow win a game in the dance it will be the Glenlivet Archive 21!  And if we ever beat Kentucky I will personally drain my bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23!!

Love my whiskey. But I had to go Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale tonight.

a3uge

Good stuff  ;D :lol: :rotfl:

Quote from: Valpofan00 on February 25, 2015, 08:06:50 PM
No way we win at CSU kiss the season and hosting the tourny goodbye. Even if somehow we make it to the NCAA tourny (which we won't) we aren't going to get a good seed. We will get blown out by a powerhouse.  Maybe next year

agibson

Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2015, 11:25:05 PMAlec Peters?  _6_ shots for _15_ points.

I don't suppose the HL voters are scoring on efficiency?  This guy's been reading he Ryan Broekhoff playbook.

Just may not have the same splash as Sykes career-high against UIC...

agibson

Quote from: valpo4life on February 27, 2015, 11:32:59 PMLove my whiskey. But I had to go Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale tonight.

That's a good one!  Just picked up a bottle of Figure 8's Date Night tonight that they had in bourbon barrels for a year.  We'll see.  They've been bottling some of these lately - also the Devil's Drip and the Ro Shampo.  They've been good, before, in small batches from the tap.

nkvu

Quote from: valpo4life on February 27, 2015, 11:32:59 PM
Quote from: nkvu on February 27, 2015, 11:30:43 PM

Love my whiskey. But I had to go Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale tonight.

A perfectly acceptable alternative. One of my favorites as well!

agibson

Quote from: talksalot on February 27, 2015, 11:26:53 PMI have half a mind to find out their travel schedule tonight and head to the ARC and greet this team... may be 5am...

Just not sure what it would mean if only half a dozen of us showed up...

a3uge

talksalot

Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2015, 11:39:31 PMQuote from: talksalot on Today at 11:26:53 PMI have half a mind to find out their travel schedule tonight and head to the ARC and greet this team... may be 5am...Just not sure what it would mean if only half a dozen of us showed up...

ASIDE from being crazy... it would show that IT MATTERS.... at least to us.  #thinkingaboutit

talksalot

Quote from: a3uge on February 27, 2015, 11:40:29 PMSUMMIT LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!

Bill Potter has to be pounding his head against a wall...Feeling the Verizon League Championship !!  ... at least that's how ESPN started tonights game.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

So, I was actually hoping we'd face Oakland in our first game, because I think we match up really well with them...

but we can't now.

It's the winner of Detroit vs. CSU or GB.  If Oakland wins, it's GB; if GB wins tomorrow, it's CSU.

If you had your 'druthers...?

I would say Detroit.  Obviously.  But more likely CSU or GB.  That's a tough choice...after tonight I say CSU.

Then again, we do well against GB in the semis ;)

Valpofan00

Highlights of the game were just on SportsCenter!

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on February 27, 2015, 11:40:29 PMSUMMIT LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!

The article doesn't get much better from there.

to lead Valparaiso to the Summit League regulator season championship

That from the Idaho Statesman
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/02/27/3668793/valparaiso-wins-summit-with-56.html
but presumably it's everywhere.

*sigh*

I thought the AP had standards?

You think they run a correction?

agibson

Quote from: talksalot on February 27, 2015, 11:41:17 PM
Quote from: agibson on February 27, 2015, 11:39:31 PMQuote from: talksalot on Today at 11:26:53 PMI have half a mind to find out their travel schedule tonight and head to the ARC and greet this team... may be 5am...Just not sure what it would mean if only half a dozen of us showed up...
ASIDE from being crazy... it would show that IT MATTERS.... at least to us.  #thinkingaboutit

What's it supposed to be?  -3 F? 

If you can figure out the schedule, I'd certainly consider it.  Do we have a third?                     

[/quote]

[/quote]

agibson

[tweet]571548608559898625[/tweet]

Sounds like he broke a tooth, after all.

When he gets a mouth guard, will the transformation to Broekhoff 2.0 be complete?

valpopal

Quote from: agibson on February 28, 2015, 12:00:51 AM
Quote from: talksalot on February 27, 2015, 11:41:17 PM

What's it supposed to be?  -3 F? 

If you can figure out the schedule, I'd certainly consider it.  Do we have a third?                     

You can stay warm at home. They're not coming home tonight.

valpotx

Stone cold Alec Peters, getting a tooth knocked out, and then knocking out CSU :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Even though it wasn't on purpose, it was with a closed fist.  That's not a basketball move. 

Peters did avenge with cuting a CSU cheek.  And then again with a 4 point play just when they thought they had a chance to steal one. 
CRUSADERS!!!

nkvu

Quote from: agibson on February 28, 2015, 12:06:19 AM

When he gets a mouth guard, will the transformation to Broekhoff 2.0 be complete?
One of the better straight left hands I've seen in or out of the ring. In fairness I think Alec did land a couple of elbows that did some damage after that.

nkvu

Quote from: agibson on February 28, 2015, 12:06:19 AM

One difference is Peters will use his left hand around the rim.  Something I hope Rowdy has been working on.