• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

December prediction poll

Started by wh, November 29, 2015, 12:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Predict our December win/loss record:

5-0
9 (26.5%)
4-1
19 (55.9%)
3-2
4 (11.8%)
2-3
1 (2.9%)
Worse than 2-3
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: December 02, 2015, 12:49:15 PM

wh

Following a successful 6-2 November, the Crusaders wrap up out-of-conference play with the following 5 games in December:

DEC 3 Belmont
DEC 9 at Indiana State
DEC 11 at Chicago State
DEC 19 Missouri State
DEC 28 at Belmont

Note: All opinions and predictions are welcomed and respected.

VUfan

They come Back to play up to their ability 5-0  ;D

VULB#62

I'm betting that they all got the Ball State wake-up call. Also betting that no one misses any planes, trains or buses. 5-0.

justducky

I don't see 0-5 listed but here are my predictions for the upcoming week.

Monday- It is decided that Tevonn needs an additional month of rest and that EVN now needs surgery on both ankles to bring his total being back into perfect balance.
Tuesday- Alec is signed to an immediate contract with a top European team because of his single-handed second half efforts at Ball State.
Wednesday-Vashil with his Masters degree in hand finally asks himself what he is doing here with all these underachievers and promptly skips town with the wife and family.
Thursday- Shane and LSU reconcile and he is welcomed back to his previous home with the understanding that any more Ball St like performances will result in his scholarship being pulled for the second time.
Friday- Realizing the titanic dimensions of the teams problems the rest of the players and staff search in vain for a lifeboat then all jump ship into the ice cold water of reality.
Saturday-January 2'nd - I finally decide to sober up from my 5 week long drinking binge and try to force down a little coffee.   :coffeetime:

usc4valpo

4-1, they will lose a game to Belmont.

zvillehaze

Valpo will likely be favored in all 5 games and could easily be 5-0.  With that said, I voted 4-1 because the road games at ISU and Belmont will both be difficult games.

vu84v2

After the abysmal loss at Ball State, I think that the team will play better but will still have minor issues. I predict 4-1 with a loss at either Belmont or Indiana State. 5-0 would make up for most of the dissapointment of the Ball State loss.

historyman

3-2.

Losses to ISU and on road to Belmont.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

HC

bbtds

2 - 3.

Crusaders barely beat the Sycamores in Terre Haute and then go on a three game losing streak due to further injuries. They lose to Chicago State, Missouri State (all hell breaks loose and Valpo fans think suicide) then a loss to Belmont in Nashville and the team has to reach back and get it together before the conference season. They do and lose only one game at Oakland all conference season.

wh

Just a quick reminder that voting closes tomorrow shortly before 1p CT. 

atkins

Loss to Belmont....Blown out if we play even remotely like we did at BSU.  Rest are wins, but ISU can easily beat us if we are not sharp.

talksalot

Well, Belmont ought to have a crowd...

Event Pricing
Reserved Regular Adult - $1.00
General Admission (Group Seating) Regular Adult - $1.00

bbtds

Quote from: talksalot on December 21, 2015, 01:13:40 PM
Well, Belmont ought to have a crowd...

Event Pricing
Reserved Regular Adult - $1.00
General Admission (Group Seating) Regular Adult - $1.00

There ought to be some Christmas Nashville visitors that go for a price like that to watch some quality Div. I basketball during their country christmas trip to Opryland or The Gaylord  Opryland Resort.

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-info/bnago-gaylord-opryland-resort-and-convention-center/christmas/y477rbs/ice.mi

wh

19 of 34 voters were on the money at 4-1. I optimistically went with 5-0.  :(