• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Southern Illinois 2/21 4 pm cst

Started by humbleopinion, February 21, 2021, 08:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

If Sackey returns will he be coming off the bench?

Will JO find more playing time?

Was the Goodnews performance in the last outing an aberration, or is he coming into his own?

Beamin' Beacons

vuny98

Quote from: humbleopinion on February 21, 2021, 08:04:23 AMIf Sackey returns will he be coming off the bench? Will JO find more playing time? Was the Goodnews performance in the last outing an aberration, or is he coming into his own?
Please say Sackey is coming off the bench. I've said it a thousand times, he provides a great spark and does some things really well, but he can not be our starting point guard.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

M

Might want to defend that 3 point line a little better in the second half.

valpotx

No real negatives, other than SIU hit their open shots.  Can they keep it up in the second half?  Hopefully not...
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

We played a good 1st half at both ends IMO. IF SIU comes back down to earth from their 8-16 3-pt. shooting display, I'm seeing a 6-8 point Valpo victory.

IndyEIT777

Quote from: wh on February 21, 2021, 04:53:01 PM
We played a good 1st half at both ends IMO. IF SIU comes back down to earth from their 8-16 3-pt. shooting display, I'm seeing a 6-8 point Valpo victory.

I don't think we played that well defensively. We gave them a couple of tough shots, but most of their 3s have been wide open. We're also not getting in the pass lanes like we have in the last couple games and getting takeaways.

valpotx

Our team is absolutely moronic when it comes to defending 3 point shooting and not fouling.  Two in the same game??  Let him take that off-balance/last second shot, and just stay straight up.  Holy crap...
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu84v2

It is pretty rare that, five minutes into the second half, the combined assist-to-turnover ratio is 22 to 8.

bbtds

Sorry guys, we aren't doing enough to win this game. It could possibly come down to the last few possessions but the Crusaders Valpo MBB team will not win this game.

Unless of course Krikke Clay & the Sheboygan Sharpshooter can keep teaming up inside.

valpotx

It looks like Clay has found some space again, which is nice to see
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu84v2

Solid PG play + Clay's energy + Ognacevic at the 4 = A promising team

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

vu84v2

Quote from: valpotx on February 21, 2021, 05:36:46 PM
3 crappy sets in the last minute...

Had the exact same thought. Move without the ball.

vu84v2

valpotx

That was a really bad play call by Lottich.  I am usually on his side, but it seemed like a play that really only had 1 option with Krikke underneath
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Wow, we got extremely lucky in those last 2 minutes.  Key win, so no complaints on my side
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu84v2

Yeah!!!  Terrible offense down the stretch, but great defensive stops!

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on February 21, 2021, 05:17:05 PM
Sorry guys, we aren't doing enough to win this game. It could possibly come down to the last few possessions but the Crusaders Valpo MBB team will not win this game.

Unless of course Krikke Clay & the Sheboygan Sharpshooter can keep teaming up inside.

I'll take full credit for this one.  ;)

hailcrusaders

Escaped! Man, I thought for sure we were going to lose that one. Hard to believe this team just might avoid a Thursday game after all!
#CrusadersForever

AlaskaCrusader19

Good win for our team, but I do feel a bit lucky. That last offensive possession was absolutely terrible, and SIU got a pretty strong look at the end. We'll take it, but I have a feeling a split is coming tomorrow.

nkvu

Pulled that one out. Thought we were gonna blow it by not getting a good shot on several possessions at the end there. Nice to see Clay hit some shots. Maybe he is getting his confidence back. Ognacevic just keeps improving. Nice win.

M