• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Bizarre!!

Started by vu84v2, September 13, 2016, 08:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu84v2

Did anyone else notice this in the latest FCS rankings?

Others receiving votes: Fordham 62, Eastern Illinois 42, New Hampshire 34, Samford 26, Jackson State 24, Eastern Kentucky 23, Liberty 20, Towson 20, Montana State 19, Grambling State 11, Delaware 10, Cal Poly 7, Valparaiso 6, Wofford 5, North Dakota 4, Monmouth 4, Stony Brook 2, Dartmouth 2, Penn 2, South Dakota 2

usc4valpo

Wow, I am surprised this has not been announced on the Valpo website.

I think a trip to Fargo to battle the Bisons is due!!

chef

Obviously somebody messed up. Please note that neither Sacred Heart nor any other PFL team is receiving votes. Somebody overseeing this poll should have caught this, and if someone really gave Valpo a 20th ranking, it should have been corrected.For instance last year if one of the basketball coaches voted UIC 20th in the poll, would it have been released that way?? I highly doubt it.

VULB#62

Don't be silly. Of course it is not us. It is the full scholarship FCS football program at the University of Valparaiso, Valparaiso, Chile that they are referring to. I understand that they have a monsterous OL, a running back that will go at least in the 2nd round of the 2017 NFL draft and a MLB that turned down Alabama so he could stay closer to home.

vusupporter

Obviously, somebody mis-clicked on Valparaiso when they meant Villanova.

covufan

Quote from: vusupporter on September 14, 2016, 09:34:14 AM
Obviously, somebody mis-clicked on Valparaiso when they meant Villanova.
I'm guessing this is the explanation.  Too funny!

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs

VULB#62

Maybe not if Paul is anywhere close in his tweet...

[tweet]776136565873664000[/tweet]

Villanova, BTW, is listed as #18 getting 118 votes.

This is fun and it includes this past weekend's loss to SHU.

VULB#62

Another bizarre thing of note: 

The University of Faith (Florida) is still playing collegiate football :crazy:
They are on the 2016 schedule of Edward Waters College (Jacksonville, FL) who plays Livingstone College, who plays Davidson.  Both EWC and LC are accredited but tiny schools.  In truth, looking over the various websites that commingle (literally) U of F with College of Faith did me no good, and they are so out of date.  But they are still out there.  The crazy thing is schools actually schedule them -- haven't they learned from Valpo's mistake?

hailcrusaders

I guess we'll find out next week if we're able to beat TIU. If we're still receiving votes after (if) we win, maybe the six points were intentional. If not, a misclick it must have been. Considering the following game is homecoming against Davidson (also winnable), could you imagine receiving votes for three polls in a row?

I don't know anything about the mechanics of the poll. Is it a point-and-click thing for the voting coaches? Would it be that easy to click on Valparaiso instead of Villanova? Or do coaches have to type out the teams they are voting for when submitting their ballots? Because then it'd be much more difficult to accidentally select the wrong team.
#CrusadersForever

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on September 14, 2016, 04:46:21 PMAnother bizarre thing of note: The University of Faith (Florida) is still playing collegiate football :crazy: They are on the 2016 schedule of Edward Waters College (Jacksonville, FL) who plays Livingstone College, who plays Davidson.  Both EWC and LC are accredited but tiny schools.  In truth, looking over the various websites that commingle (literally) U of F with College of Faith did me no good, and they are so out of date.  But they are still out there.  The crazy thing is schools actually schedule them -- haven't they learned from Valpo's mistake?

Ed Waters I think played Stetson within their first couple of years. Both Livingstone and Ed Waters have had programs for a while. UofFaith is essentially a sham in my opinion.

VULB#62

Quote from: VU2624 on September 14, 2016, 05:41:48 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on September 14, 2016, 04:46:21 PMAnother bizarre thing of note: The University of Faith (Florida) is still playing collegiate football :crazy: They are on the 2016 schedule of Edward Waters College (Jacksonville, FL) who plays Livingstone College, who plays Davidson.  Both EWC and LC are accredited but tiny schools.  In truth, looking over the various websites that commingle (literally) U of F with College of Faith did me no good, and they are so out of date.  But they are still out there.  The crazy thing is schools actually schedule them -- haven't they learned from Valpo's mistake?

Ed Waters I think played Stetson within their first couple of years. Both Livingstone and Ed Waters have had programs for a while. UofFaith is essentially a sham in my opinion.

That's why I can't understand any accredited NAIA or NCAA team even thinking about scheduling them.

VU2624

Quote from: VULB#62 on September 14, 2016, 06:03:08 PM
Quote from: VU2624 on September 14, 2016, 05:41:48 PM
That's why I can't understand any accredited NAIA or NCAA team even thinking about scheduling them.

It's a might perplexin'.

Ed Waters plays Jacksonville this weekend. Livingstone goes vs. Davidson this weekend.