• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #27 Valpo @ Drake 2/16 2:00pm CST on ESPN3

Started by NativeCheesehead, February 15, 2019, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NativeCheesehead

Never started a game thread before so why not pick one ESPN gives us a 20% chance of winning?

NativeCheesehead

Great graph by Hacksaw over at MVCFans.   3-2 is the magic number. Finish with 9 conference wins and you have a less than 5% chance of playing on Thursday. So which 3 will it be? Given our recent history I'd almost rather be playing good teams on the road than bad teams at home.

SanityLost17

All signs point to a loss, which is why there is a 100% chance we will win.  Just like when all signs point to a win there is 100% chance we will lose.

M

Road game win. The board lights up again about how we can 3 in a row in St Louis.

Reality I'm hoping the rediculous turnovers disappear, our star freshman bounces back from his worst game of the year, Fazekas gets up a few more shots, Mileek continues playing well, and we make 70%+ of our fts.

VU2010

Wow - this place is rocking with excitement. Wooo 🥳

VU2014

Kiser is out. I think we should expect a healthy dose of Mileek as long as he stays out of foul trouble today. I'm really interested to see if he can take advantage of the situation. We need him.

M

If Freeman would've put that up with his left hand he would've been fouled instead of swatted.

mj

Not a good start. These guys aren't playing as a team.
I believe that we will win.

oklahomamick

Man...remember when we went 5 for 6 in HL season championships? 

I know it was the HL but we have more talent than being sub .500.  AGAIN
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

Glad I made my rational statement on Lottich before the game. This team is a mess.

oklahomamick

If this continues....Players will get frustrated and transfer.  If I was a shooter on this team (basically Ryan, we only have one) I would not be happy.  I never get good looks!  I never get a play designed for me.  Or maybe a play designed for that actually works.
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Lottich should finish top 2 next year given everyone stays.  If not, we need to find a better fit. 

This guy was on a lot of successful Valpo teams.  He also played at Stanford.  Did he pick up on anything besides hustle and grit? 
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

I'm wondering if one of the more important decisions made (or not made) three years ago was the decision to hire a search firm as soon as Powell turned us down.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

M

Welp....looking like I might have to find something else to do if this doesn't get any better in the next ten minutes.

nkvu

Turnovers, no defense, not shooting well.

Other than that we're off to a great (not) start.

valpotx

I've said it before, but Golder has a very low basketball IQ, and is extremely selfish.  Seriously on that rebound?  You don't affect that play...selfish and stupid.
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

Worse call ever on Golder.  But I don't have any care to get upset.
CRUSADERS!!!

PlumStreetBum

Low effort, low energy basketball. Sad!

But in all seriousness, if we give Lottich another year, we risk putting the program in a deep hole for a long time if he doesn't improve fast.

NativeCheesehead

Why does Lottich refuse to run set plays? It's the same, stale, easily scoutable offense every single flipping time down the court.

oklahomamick

team next year will do better than sub .500.  If everyone stays.

Lottich was the guy in the right place at the right time.
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

"If everyone stays"

Big if with this level of dysfunction.

Btw, I need a ruling from one of our board lawyers: If we're down double digits at halftime is it too early to start drinking?

PlumStreetBum

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 16, 2019, 02:40:23 PM
Btw, I need a ruling from one of our board lawyers: If we're down double digits at halftime is it too early to start drinking?

IANAL, but I did go to law school and it is not too early. I already started.