• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #26 Valpo vs Indiana State 2/13/19 @ ARC 7pm espn3

Started by VU2014, February 11, 2019, 09:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Quote from: justducky on February 15, 2019, 12:29:52 PM
Doublin Down:

1.  We should have the deepest talent and most experience for the 19-20 Valley season.
2.  Even the best crafted OOC schedule will not help qualify us for an at-large.
3.  Matt needs tested as a coach.
4.  The team needs tested by the best.
5.  What then happens in St Louis will determine our NCAA or NIT or nothing direction.

If anybody wants to seriously debate this we should probably start our 2019-20 scheduling thread. 

I'm going to support this year's team right to the last second of their last game, whenever that comes. That said, mentally I've moved on to next year. Your 1 point I question is #2. Awell crafted OOC schedule in which we lose no more than 1 or 2 games followed by a 1 or 2 loss conf. schedule and concluding with an MVC tournament loss is still preferable to a soft schedule that we power through (like ILS 2 years ago) or 1 loaded with P5 powerhouse away games (ala Oakland). The carefully crafted schedule scenario I've painted doesn't guarantee an at-large by any means, but it's still not impossible (at least not yet). You're doomed with either of the too tough/too easy schedules. Remember this too. The biggest fans of your proposal would be Luke Gore, et alii, who would love nothing more than no longer having to worry about opponent SOS. Now their priority becomes easy wins on one hand or pay-for-play budget boosters on the other.

Just Sayin

Quote from: humbleopinion on February 15, 2019, 09:37:15 AM
Quote from: Just Sayin on February 14, 2019, 08:57:34 PM
Quote from: justducky on February 14, 2019, 11:06:17 AM
Quote from: oklahomamick on February 14, 2019, 10:43:41 AM
Agree that Lottich deserves next year with this group.  If the group stays together and he cant win, then that tells us everything we need to know. 

I'll take it a step further. I want us to have an impossible 2019 OOC schedule to test his metal. Think- Oakland like, SWAC-like, because the at large chances for mid-majors is gone. G O N E----Vanished      No fluff! No easy path to a contract extension! Sink or swim! Learn as you go.

Sorry, but I can't take it.  The term is "mettle!"

Thus, my post.

bbtds

Quote from: humbleopinion on February 15, 2019, 09:37:15 AMSorry, but I can't take it.  The term is "mettle!"

No matter your profession you are not allowed to correct posters on this board. They are milleneeals and spelling and correct usage are not important.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: bbtds on February 16, 2019, 05:22:38 AM
Quote from: humbleopinion on February 15, 2019, 09:37:15 AMSorry, but I can't take it.  The term is "mettle!"

No matter your profession you are not allowed to correct posters on this board. They are milleneeals and spelling and correct usage are not important.

Difference with the "mettle" correction is educational.  I don't think many of us come across the word on a regular basis and it's not directed at the previous poster since it's clearly an internet find.

In my view, AutoCorrect going haywire on words/names is a daily occurrence and I think your frequent corrections got on our nerves.  You are entirely correct but I think many of us are just as annoyed with AutoCorrect on our phones that we frankly just let it slide for efficiency or unobserved reasons.

I'm just sharing my two cents and don't want to come across as the boards watch dog.  My thoughts probably aren't appreciated but it's clear that bbtds and others feel persecuted and I don't think that's anyone's objective.